Our Services Are Virtual for Fall
Important Note: All counseling services are now virtual until further notice. We often experience a higher volume of calls, emails, and chats near the start of each quarter, please expect longer wait time.
Our mission is to empower students in their educational journey by building upon their diverse strengths. We advocate on behalf of learners to overcome institutional barriers while providing academic, career, transfer, and personal counseling and instruction. We value the worth and dignity of each individual as they positively contribute to their communities and global society.
Our goal is to help you clarify your academic and personal goals. Our counselors are committed to your success and deliver a range of services. These include sessions regarding course consideration for Summer and Fall quarters, AP test scores, prerequisite clearance, progress probation levels 1 and 2 to name a few.
Connect with a Counselor
To connect with a counselor, go to the Make an Appointment page and choose Schedule an Appointment, click Telephone or Online Zoom and schedule a 30-minute appointment or call us for assistance at 650.949.7423 or 650.949.7821.
You can also use our chat feature on our website page or email firstname.lastname@example.org and your email will be answered within 24 hours.
If using Online Zoom, you should call or log in to Zoom at the beginning of your appointment time to meet with assigned counselor.
If you have a burning question and need help quick, Quick Questions (QQs) is the way to get answers FAST! These QQs sessions are available on a limited basis and will be offered daily for the first two weeks of Fall Quarter.
Please may call or use our chat feature on our website to get support. Your QQs request is placed in a queue in the order received and you can request to meet with a counselor via telephone, Zoom, or email/chat for up to 15 minutes.
NOTE: Call 650-949-7423, 650-949-7821 or 650-949-7101 for assistance the first two weeks of Fall Quarter.
Fall Quarter Office Hours
- Monday - Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Wednesday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Fridays - 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
*Counseling services unavailable on Thursday from 2 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Summer caExplore majors, educational choices and set academic goals
- Get up-to-date information on admissions and transfer requirements
- Develop a Student Educational Plan (SEP) for certificate, graduation and/or transfer
- Address academic and progress probation
- Get referrals to other support services on campus
- Certify your IGETC and CSU GE eligibility
- Explore career options and paths
- Learn about different career and college success courses
- Use career search resources to weigh your options
- Get support in safe, non-judgmental spaces
- Address personal issues affecting your college success
- Receive referrals to on-campus and community resources as needed
Programs with Counseling Support
Our mission is to empower students in their educational journey by building upon their diverse strengths. We advocate on behalf of learners to overcome institutional barriers while providing academic, career, transer, personal counseling and instruction. We value the worth and dignity of each individual as they positively contribute to their communities and global society.
We're Here to Help!
Student Services Building 8300, Room 8302
We're Hiring for Fall 2021
Work on campus and virtually. Earn $17.60 an hour at 10–15 hours per week in one of
our Foothill College offices. Apply now to join our team!