Make an Appointment
Make a 30-Minute Counseling Appointment
Follow steps 1 > 2 > 3 to best maximize your appointment time with a counselor.
1. Prepare for Your Appointment
- Apply to Foothill College
- Take English and math assessments*
- Make a list of questions you want to ask
- Prepare to bring necessary documents: other college transcripts, test scores and any other records relevant to issues you want to discuss*
- If interested in transfer, make a list of potential universities and major programs
2. Review Guidelines
- Maximum 30 minutes per appointment — so be ON TIME
- Maximum 5 appointments per quarter
- Telephone and live-video counseling appointments available for distance learners
- Minimum 24 hours notice required for appointment cancellations
- After 2 no shows (without cancelling), only 10-minute Quick Question counseling sessions allowed for remainder of the quarter
3. Schedule Your Appointment
Foothill College offers 30-minute, on-campus, telephone and live-video counseling appointments. Select your counseling appointment location:
International Student Counseling
F-1 visa international students may see any counselor in the Counseling Center for educational plans and other counseling questions. Appointments must be scheduled specifically with an international counselor for the following reasons:
- I-20 Extension: counselor recommendation & educational plan
- Optional Practical Training (OPT) & educational plan
- Reduced Course Load (less than 12 units)
Note: Students requesting a reduced course load for medical reasons must meet directly with the immigration advisor in the International Student Office, not a counselor
Drop-In Sessions Available!
LOCATION: Room 2018, Student Council Chambers (next to Smart Shop)
DAYS & TIMES
Week 1: Monday-Thursday, Jan. 8–11, 11:45 a.m. – 1:15 p.m.
Week 2–12: Wednesdays, Jan. 17–March 28, 11:45 a.m. – 1:15 p.m.
- No appointment required.
- Quick Questions are generally 10-15 minutes in length and handled on a first come-first served basis.
- Telephone Quick Questions can be requested by calling the Counseling Center at 650.949.7423.