Make an Appointment
Make a 30-Minute Counseling Appointment
Maximize Your Appointment Time
NOTE: Please SELECT 3. Schedule Your Appointment to see appointment locations.
Prepare for Your Appointment
- Apply to Foothill College
- Take English and math assessments*
- Make a list of questions you want to ask
- Prepare to bring necessary documents: other college transcripts, test scores and any other records relevant to issues you want to discuss*
- If interested in transfer, make a list of potential universities and major programs
- Maximum 30 minutes per appointment — so be ON TIME
- Maximum 5 appointments per quarter
- Telephone and live-video counseling appointments available for distance learners
- Minimum 24 hours notice required for appointment cancellations
- After 2 no shows (without cancelling), only 10-minute Quick Question counseling sessions allowed for remainder of the quarter
Schedule Your Appointment
Got a Quick Question?
Drop-In Sessions Available To All Students!
LOCATION: Room 2018, Student Council Chambers (next to Smart Shop)
Every Wednesday: 11:45 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.
International Student Counseling
F-1 visa international students may see any counselor in the Counseling Center for educational plans and other counseling questions. Appointments must be scheduled specifically with an international counselor for the following reasons:
- I-20 Extension: counselor recommendation & educational plan
- Optional Practical Training (OPT) & educational plan
- Reduced Course Load (less than 12 units)
Note: Students requesting a reduced course load for medical reasons must meet directly with the immigration advisor in the International Student Office, not a counselor
F-1 International Student Drop-In Sessions
LOCATION: Counseling Center, 8300 Building, Room 8302
|Mon||1:30-2:30 p.m.||Debra Lew|
|Tues||2 - 3 p.m.||Cathy Denver|
|Wed.||11a.m. - noon||Cathy Denver|
|Thurs.||Noon - 1 p.m.||Debra Lew|
|Fri.||10:30 - 11:30 a.m.||JR Jimenez|