Office of Equity and Inclusion
Closing the Equity Gap, One Success Story at a Time
Believing a well-educated population is essential to sustaining a democratic and just society, we commit to the work of equity, which is to dismantle oppressive systems (structural, cultural, and individual) and create a college community where success is not predictable by race.
Equity Plan 2.0
We invite you to read our new equity plan, Foothill College Strategic Vision for Equity 2021–2025 —finalized in February 2021.
Read the accessible online version
Informed by all voices in our community—students, staff, faculty, and administrator—this plan will be a significant shift from the siloed work that has historically occurred.
Given that this visionary plan has come together, not as a state mandate but rather a college collaborative effort, constructed by the voice of the campus community, this plan provides a unique opportunity to hold ourselves accountable to our scope of equity work, demonstrated in our commitment and accountability to our values, our personal growth, and to results.
Download and Read
Foothill College Strategic Vision for Equity 2021-2025
View Drafts of Equity Plan 2.0 and Past Plans
Foothill strives to make all content on our website accessible to all. Please see our website accessibility policy for who to contact with any questions or concerns.
The Office of Equity and Inclusion was created to develop and support a culture of equity at Foothill College that promotes student success, particularly for underserved students.
It supports the district and college missions, which define equity as efforts to close equity gaps across all student outcomes.
The office's functions are guided by the goals and initiatives stated in the College's educational master plan (EMP) and student equity plan (SEP).
- Implement activities to improve the achievement of student outcomes
- Support initiatives that reduce barriers and facilitate students' access and success
- Ensure alignment and integration across various college initiatives, including the Basic Skills Initiative, Student Success and Support Program, and Student Equity Plan.
Types of Activities
Activities developed through our office seek to create a culture of equity that promotes student success.
- Coordination of early intervention programs, such as Early Alert, supplemental instruction and Summer Bridge programs, that integrates Student Services and Instruction to provide student engagement and support for a variety of needs,
- Development of a mentoring program that includes faculty and staff as well as peer to peer mentoring and is integrated with other early intervention efforts.
- Expand professional development to provide faculty and staff with the tools they need to support underserved students.
- Application of a robust research agenda with tools to provide faculty and staff data showing effective approaches to helping students succeed.
Attend BSSW Events On Campus & Online
Join in the conversations around this year's theme of Vision to Action: Building Systems and Structures for Black Student Success
Anti-racism is a lifelong commitment to doing the work, and that commitment can start with reading. See our Library Black Lives Matter resources lists.
We're Here to Help!
Office of Equity and Inclusion
Administration Building, 1944