Office of Equity and Inclusion
Closing the Equity Gap, One Success Story at a Time
The Office of Equity and Inclusion was created to develop and support a culture of equity at Foothill College that promotes student success, particularly for underserved students.
It supports the district and college missions, which define equity as efforts to close equity gaps across all student outcomes.
The office's functions are guided by the goals and initiatives stated in the College's educational master plan (EMP) and student equity plan (SEP).
Strategic Planning Documents
Download the most current PDFs for the Foothill College plans here:
- Equity Plan and Executive Summary 2019
- 2016-2022 Educational Master Plan (3.3 MB, 334 pages)
- 2015-2016 Student Equity Plan (2.3 MB, 63 pages)
- Implement activities to improve the achievement of student outcomes
- Support initiatives that reduce barriers and facilitate students' access and success
- Ensure alignment and integration across various college initiatives, including the Basic Skills Initiative, Student Success and Support Program, and Student Equity Plan.
Types of Activities
Activities developed through our office seek to create a culture of equity that promotes student success.
- Coordination of early intervention programs, such as Early Alert, supplemental instruction and Summer Bridge programs, that integrates Student Services and Instruction to provide student engagement and support for a variety of needs,
- Development of a mentoring program that includes faculty and staff as well as peer to peer mentoring and is integrated with other early intervention efforts.
- Expand professional development to provide faculty and staff with the tools they need to support underserved students.
- Application of a robust research agenda with tools to provide faculty and staff data showing the most productive ways to help students.