Travel and Conferences
The limit for each instructor is $1,600 a year.
The limit for ACE Union Classified Staff members is $1,600. For additional funds or overages for leadership service focused conferences, please contact the Classified Senate President.
The best way to secure a funding approval is to apply early!
Deadline Dates: Travel/Conference Requests
Applications must be submitted 30 business days prior to the conference date. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a quarter per quarter basis.
The Travel & Conference Committee will review the applications. Every effort will be made to fully fund requests. Depending on the number of requests received, requests may be partially funded. Applicants will be notified via district email once the committee has met.
- Download and complete application
- Have your supervisor sign the application to approve your request
- Send the application to the Office of President
International travel must be approved by the Chancellor. You must download and process the form found at the following link:
After obtaining the required signatures, bring the form to the Chancellor's Office. After it has been approved by the Chancellor, the Chancellor's Office will return the form to the appropriate division office, to be picked up by the faculty who submitted the form. The form should then be submitted to the Office of the President with your Trip Voucher.
Conference and Travel Policy and Procedures
- Applicant is responsible for all costs and will be reimbursed for approved expenses upon return from the conference and the submission of a completed trip voucher. If advance funds are needed for conference registration fees, complete a check request and submit it to the Office of the President with your Application.
- Professional Conference Funds, Policies (pdf)
- Direct Pay Request (pdf)
- Upon return from your trip, complete a Trip Voucher and return it to us.
Note: If any travel expenses were charged to a district pro card:
- Print out the Banner budget screen of the pro-card account once the expenses hit that budget: the specific screen is titled "Organization Budget Status Detail Report", and it MUST have a "Document Code" column. Yellow-highlight the expenses with notes about what they are..
- Collect any receipts
- Send the budget printout (with the budget's FOAP) and receipts to Veronica Casas (email@example.com). She will fill out an expense transfer form (xls) and credit your pro-card account from the travel fund.
Conference Funding Application
- Notification of committee approval and all related correspondence will be sent through your District Email address.
- Faculty and Staff Conference Funding Application (pdf)
Travel and Conference Quick Forms
We're Here to Help!