Resources for Faculty and Staff Professional Learning
Vision Resource Center
Check out the many resources available in the Vision Resource Center provided by the California Community Colleges Chancellors Office.
- Receive training
- Find resources
- Connect with your peers
- Find an expert
Log into MyPortal and select the "Employee Training" app.
@ONE Online Network of Educators
@ONE is a collaborative, system-wide network of California Community College faculty, staff, and administrators, is coordinated by the professional development team of the CCC Online Education Initiative (OEI). @ONE provides training and professional development to support the effective use of digital tools and platforms.
- Courses and webinars - earn digital badges and design your personalized online professional development pathway
- Community - learn with your peers across the state without leaving your laptop
- Blog - explore reflections, tips, and practices
- Canvas resources
CCC Canvas Home Base - @ONE and OEI resources and community
Safety, Emergency, Legal Issues
- Saftey and Emergency - Active shooter, earthquake, heart attack, flu...
- FERPA - Family Educational Rights and Privacy act of 1974 (2:44 min)
- Understanding FERPA - An overview of the restriction on access to student records (2:50 min)
- FERPA and Student Record Privacy Rights - FERPA Tutorial (Foothil-De Anza College District)
- Open Licensing for Educators - Learn more about open education resources, copyright, and creative commons licenses
- Legal Issues: Truth is Stranger than Fiction - Webinar addressing top legal issues educators face
iStream Multimedia Portal
League for Innovation in the Community College
- Conference Presentations – keynote and special session videos, PowerPoint presentations from the League's international conferences
- Professional Development Modules – programs that provide faculty and staff comprehensive teaching and learning practices with online and hybrid materials, real- and any-time progressive learning activities, and assessment strategies (From LENs and Getting Results)
- Webinars – front-row, free seating to practical, thought-provoking workshops and webinars that are relevant to community colleges today
- eLearning Courses – open access, or discounted options, focused on Open Educational Resource courses and programs, featuring an array of workforce and specialty online learning programs
- Publications – unlimited 24/7 access to full-length electronic versions of books, monographs, and reports published by the League – available to everyone at your institution
- Partners Spotlight – the latest product developments, features, and services from state-of-the-latest companies that serve the community college and higher education field
- League Projects –ground-breaking contributions from League board and member colleges covering innovative programs, critical issues, and the developing needs in community colleges
- 10 Questions – promotes professional, candid, and intriguing responses from leaders in a variety of roles. Faculty and staff in leadership positions will gain valuable insight into how successful leaders achieve results
Create Your Own Account and Log In Today!
- Go to League for Innovation in the Community College
- Scroll down and find Foothill College on the dropdown menu
- Click on Found my Institution
- Enter your first and last name, department, institutional email address, and create a password
- Click on Submit
- Student Support Redefined: 10 Ways Everyone Can Help Support Student Success - Key points from keynote speaker, Dr. Darla Cooper, at Foothill Opening Day 2014 (pdf)
- Edublogs Teacher Challenges - Educators step through weekly tasks that increase skills while being supported by mentors
- Open Learning Initiative (OLI) - Open and free courses
- Active Learning - University of Minnesota's tutorial
- Mindset - Teaching a growth mindset creates motivation and productivity in the worlds of business, education, and sports
- The Power of Believing that You Can Improve - Ted Talk by Carol Dweck
We're Here to Help!