Foothill College Accreditation
Foothill College is preparing for its upcoming accreditation in 2017.
- Foothill College is accredited by the ACCJC, Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- This organization is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
Foothill College's accreditation was reaffirmed by the ACCJC in January of 2012 following the completion of a comprehensive self-study in August of 2011 and site evaluation team visit in October 2011.
Six-Year Review Cycle
The college maintains its accreditation by fulfilling criteria that are determined by the ACCJC.
Throughout its continuous six-year review cycle, Foothill College conducts and publishes several review instruments, including
- an annual report
- annual fiscal report
- midterm report
- comprehensive institutional self-study
- and an evaluation review by a team of peers
Foothill College views accreditation as an ongoing process and invites community members, students, faculty and staff to be informed and participate.
It is important to know which college representatives are leading Foothill in its ongoing accreditation cycle.
If you have questions, comments or concerns, contact accreditation representatives as listed under Steering Committee Members.
Steering Committee Members
ACCREDITATION LIAISON OFFICER
Andrew LaManque, Associate Vice President, Instruction & Institutional Research
Andrea Hanstein, Director, Marketing and Public Relations
Carolyn Holcroft, Academic Senate President
Erin Ortiz, Classified Senate President
Ruby Sodhi, Instructional Services Coordinator
Elaine Kuo, College Researcher
SELF-STUDY STANDARDS TEAMS
Questions?Please Contact Me!
Administration Building 1900
Foothill programs are also accredited by the following:
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation
- American Medical Association Council on Medical Education
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
- National Board for Respiratory Care