Foothill College Accreditation
Foothill College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) Western Association of Schools and Colleges, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. The public can submit comments about Foothill College by completing the ACCJC's third-party comment form. Additional information about accreditation, including contacting the Commission, can be found here.
Institutional Self-Study 2023 Draft
The Institutional Self Evaluation Report (ISER) effort began in Spring 2022 when teams of classified staff, faculty, and administrators were formed. Team members identified the appropriate evidence in Fall 2022 and writing began in Winter 2023. The first draft was shared with the college community for feedback in Spring 2023. Editing occurred in Summer 2023 with a second draft available for review in Fall 2023.
The campus community is invited to read and provide feedback through October 20, 2023.
Accreditation Cycle 2017-2024
Throughout a continuous seven-year review cycle, the college conducts and publishes several review instruments, including:
- an annual report
- an annual fiscal report
- a midterm report
- an institutional self-evaluation report
- an evaluation review by a team of peers
Accreditation Cycle Year 6
Current 2022-2023 Activities
Foothill is developing an institutional self-study report this year (ISER) as part of its 2024 reaffirmation cycle. The college's ISER is due to ACCJC on December 15, 2023, followed by a site visit in October 2024.
- ISER development
- Mission Statement revision
- Technology Plan update
- Educational Master Plan update (begin)
- Student Equity Plan 2.0 due (State Chancellor's Office)
Foothill College views accreditation as an ongoing process and invites community members, students, faculty and staff to be informed and participate.
Seven-Year Planning Calendar
|CYCLE YEAR||ACCREDITATION ACTIVITES & STATUS|
Accreditation Steering Committee
The Accreditation Steering Committee is an ongoing committee comprised of constituency representatives from administrators, classified staff, and faculty. The committee oversees the college's accreditation planning process, including the work of the Midterm Study Group and the Institutional Self-Evaluation Study (ISER).
- Skye Bridges, ASFC President
- Kurt Hueg, Interim VP Instruction
- Simon Pennington, AVP College and Community Relations, Marketing, and Communications
- Ram Subramaniam, Acting AVP Instruction
- Adiel Velasquez, Classified Senate President
- Voltaire Villaneuva, Academic Senate President
- Elaine Kuo, Accreditation Liaison Officer
- Kelaiah Harris, Office of Instruction
If you have questions, comments or concerns, contact email@example.com
Please Contact Us
Elaine Kuo & Kelaiah Harris, Accreditation Support Team
Administration Building 1900
Foothill programs are also accredited by the following:
- American Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- California Department of Public Health, Radiologic Health Branch
- Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs: Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Services Professions
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs: Joint Review Committee - Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Commission on Dental Accreditation
- Dental Hygiene Board of California
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology