Foothill College Accreditation
Foothill College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Foothill College's accreditation was reaffirmed in January of 2018 by after the completion of a comprehensive self-study in August of 2017 and site evaluation team visit on October 9-13, 2017.
Foothill College submitted its Midterm Report 2021 for submission, due on October 15, 2021.
Foothill is developing an institutional self-study report (ISER) as part of its 2024 reaffirmation process. The college's ISER is due to ACCJC on December 15, 2023.
Seven-Year Review Cycle
The college maintains its accreditation by fulfilling criteria that are determined by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC).
Throughout its continuous seven-year review cycle, Foothill College conducts and publishes several review instruments, including:
- an annual report
- an annual fiscal report
- a midterm report
- an institutional self-evaluation report
- an evaluation review by a team of peers
Foothill College views accreditation as an ongoing process and invites community members, students, faculty and staff to be informed and participate.
Accreditation Steering Committee
The Accreditation Steering Committee is an ongoing committee comprised of constituency representatives from administrators, classified staff, and faculty. The committee oversees the college's accreditation planning process, including the work of the Midterm Study Group and the Institutional Self-Evaluation Study (ISER).
Accreditation Steering Committee Members:
- Kurt Hueg, Interim VP Instruction
- Adrienne Hypolite, Classified Senate President
- Kathryn Maurer, Academic Senate President
- Simon Pennington, AVP College and Community Relations, Marketing, and Communications
- Ram Subramaniam, Acting AVP Instruction
- Elaine Kuo, Accreditation Liaison Officer
- Kelaiah Harris, Office of Instruction
If you have questions, comments or concerns, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Contact Us
Elaine Kuo & Kelaiah Harris, Accreditation Support Team
Administration Building 1900
Foothill programs are also accredited by the following:
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation
- American Medical Association Council on Medical Education
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
- National Board for Respiratory Care