Owl Scholars Program
Who We Are
The Foothill College Owl Scholars Program is our campus early alert support system. We help students connect to on-campus support services to help maximize their chance of success in the classroom. One of the ways we help students make that connection is through use of Starfish, Foothill's Early Alert System.
Become an Owl Scholar
Are you enrolled in one or more of these classes at Foothill? If yes, you are eligible to be an Owl Scholar! Check your MyPortal for access to Starfish if you are enrolled in the following classes:
- ENGLISH 1A, 1S/1T, 110, 209
- ESLL 125, 249, 236, 237, 226, 227
- MATH 10, 48A/248A, 105, 180, 217
How We Can Help
As an Owl Scholar, you'll receive assistance from our team, especially when obstacles may get in your way.
- Receive one-on-one guidance from our supportive staff
- Create an action plan to stay on track and focused throughout the quarter
- Access Starfish to connect to and request help from services across campus
- Develop a support community at Foothill College
Starfish Early Alert System
Move to Virtual Campus
With Foothill College transitioning to a virtual campus format for the Spring 2020 term, we want to let students know we are here to support them with the help they need to make this transition.
We recognize that navigating this new Virtual Learning environment is going to present a number of different challenges to students, but fear not for the Owl Scholars Team is here to help!
Here are some of the things we can help with:
- Academic Coaching
- Help students get connected to services like Financial Aid and Counseling
- Help with tech platforms (Zoom, Canvas, Starfish)
- Connect with students online to provide positive support with a Growth Mindset
We can help by working with students one on one to help them develop successful study strategies for the virtual space, such as time management, organization, and study skills that will help them succeed in the online class format.
The Owl Scholars Team is also here to help you get connected to the campus resources now being delivered online such as Counseling, Financial Aid and Tutoring.
We can also help you figure out the new technologies you will be using, such as Zoom, Canvas, Proctorio, and Pronto to name a few. Whatever your need may be, please know the Owl Scholars Team is here to help!
Student Services Liaison
The Early Alert Services will be offered to the above listed classes, but we are extending our Student Services Liaison service to the whole campus.
If you are a faculty member, who comes across a student in need of assistance, or are a student, who would like to reach out yourself, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- Student’s name
- Student’s CWID
- A brief comment of what they need help with
Once we receive the email, we will do our best to provide the student with the assistance they need.