STEM Success Center
About the STEM Center
If you're studying science, technology, engineering, math, accounting or economics, we have knowledgeable tutors who can help.
Study Lab Areas and Hours
The center is divided into four lab areas of study.
Using the STEM Center
|Starting this fall, we're open on Sundays in STEM Center Room 4213.|
All services in the STEM Center are free. Please follow these steps when visiting the center.
Log In When You Arrive
- Log in and out by typing your Campus-wide ID (CWID) number on the terminals at the main entrance near the student worker’s desk. If you don’t have a PSME (Physical Sciences, Math, Engineering) major, please sign in on the clipboard on the main desk.
- Click on Study/Tutoring.
- Please remember to LOG OUT when you leave.
Request a Tutor
To get help with astronomy, mathematics, physics, chemistry, engineering and biology, request a tutoring session.
- Go to the Tutor requesting terminal
- Type in your CWID
- Enter your field of study
- Return to your seat and wait for the next available staff member to call your name and assist you.
Note: Tutoring in the Foundations Math and Computer Science labs is by drop-in session.
Use of Equipment and Supplies
Scratch Paper: There is scratch paper on each table. Please recycle all used scratch paper, and put them in the boxes by the front door.
Computers: Students can use the center's computers to solve problems in their homework assignments. The computers are loaded with Excel, Minitab, Word, Mathematica, Graphical Analysis, Self-Paced Math Tutorial, and Geometer's Sketchpad software applications and various other software.
Printing: Get your password to print from a STEM Center computer. The password allows you to log in at the STEM Center computers and receive free printing. You are allowed 5 free pages per day and it is accumulative up to 20 pages.
Copier: Students can copy 5 pages per day at the cost of 10 cents each page.