STEM Success Center
About the STEM Center
If you're studying science, technology, engineering, math, accounting or economics, we have knowledgeable tutors who can help.
Study Lab Areas and Hours
The center is divided into four lab areas of study.
Using the STEM Center
All services in the STEM Center are free. Please follow these steps when visiting the center.
Log In When You Arrive
- Log in and out by typing your Campus-wide ID (CWID) number on the terminals at the main entrance near the student worker’s desk. If you don’t have a PSME (Physical Sciences, Math, Engineering) major, please sign in on the clipboard on the main desk.
- Click on Study/Tutoring.
- Please remember to LOG OUT when you leave.
Request a Tutor
To get help with astronomy, mathematics, physics, chemistry, engineering and biology, request a tutoring session.
- Go to the Tutor requesting terminal
- Type in your CWID
- Enter your field of study
- Return to your seat and wait for the next available staff member to call your name and assist you.
Note: Tutoring in the Foundations Lab and Computer Science Lab is by drop-in session.
Use of Equipment and Supplies
Scratch Paper: There is scratch paper on each table. Please recycle all used scratch paper, and put them in the boxes by the front door.
Computers: Students can use the center's computers to solve problems in their homework assignments. The computers are loaded with Excel, Minitab, Word, Mathematica, Graphical Analysis, Self-Paced Math Tutorial, and Geometer's Sketchpad software applications and various other software.
Printing: Speak to the STEM Center Room 4213 Front Desk on how to get your userID and password to log in and print (for free) from a STEM Center computer in Rooms 4213 and 4215. You are allowed 5 free pages per day and it is accumulative up to 20 pages.
Copier: Students can copy 5 pages per day at the cost of 10 cents each page.