Who We Are
The Foothill College Office of Retention Services (formerly Owl Scholars Program) takes the lead on coordinating student retention efforts across campus. We will work with all faculty to serve as a main point of contact to student services so faculty will know where to refer their students in need.
How We Can Help
When connected with our Office, you'll receive assistance from our team, especially when obstacles may get in your way.
- Receive one-on-one guidance from our supportive staff
- Create an action plan to stay on track and focused throughout the quarter
- Access Foothill Connect to connect to and request help from services across campus
- Develop a support community at Foothill College
What Services Do We Provide?
The services we provide are aimed at helping students address the challenges of academic life. Many of our students are not only attending Foothill, but working many hours a week, providing care for a family member, as well as many other obligations that take their focus from their Academics. In collaboration with Faculty, The Office of Retention Services strives to support students to best of our ability by helping students get connected to the campus resources they need, and by providing academic coaching and support.
Some of the things we can help with:
- Academic Coaching
- Help students get connected to services like Financial Aid and Counseling
- Help with tech platforms (Zoom, Canvas, Foothill Connect)
- Connect with students online to provide positive support with a Growth Mindset
We can help by working with students one on one to help them develop successful study strategies for the virtual space, such as time management, organization, and study skills that will help them succeed in the online class format.
Retention Services Team is also here to help you get connected to the campus resources now being delivered online such as Counseling, Financial Aid and Tutoring.
We can also help you figure out the new technologies you will be using, such as Zoom, Canvas, Proctorio, and Pronto to name a few. Whatever your need may be, please know our office is here to help!
Contact Rentention Services
Counseling Center, Building 8300