Teaching & Learning Center
About Our Services
The Teaching & Learning Center offers
- Free one-on-one 20-minute tutoring sessions for ANY Foothill class (see schedule)
- 40-minute group workshops on different skills topics throughout the quarter.
- Private study rooms for two or more people, up to 3 hours, and two weeks in advance. Reserve a room.
Our Faculty Tutors can help with
- Research papers
- Grammar and punctuation
- Organizing your essay
- Reading comprehension
- Thesis statements and more!
When you come in, please bring
- Your Foothill Student ID number
- Your assignment and notes
- A goal to reach with your tutor in your 20 minute session
Schedule Time with a Tutor
You have three options to meet with a TLC tutor:
Attend Free 40-Minute Workshops
We offer help in a group setting, too.
Need help with thesis statements, outlining, grammar, fragments, quotes, run-together sentences, note-taking and more?
Come to Building 3600 for a 40-minute group workshop to improve your skills. If you can't come but are interested in the workshop topic, worksheets from each workshop are also available in the Teaching & Learning Center.