Learning Resource Center
Support for Academic Success
If you need help in a class, you're not alone! We offer tutoring programs to help you succeed with your academic goals.
- Use all available resources early to get the best start in your classes.
- We are here to help!
- Watch our Introduction to the LRC video.
- And if you have issues signing in, email LRC@fhda.edu.
Foothill College Virtual Tutoring
We use Zoom to pair you with a tutor. You'll need a quiet space and a computer with a microphone to participate.
Go TO DROP-IN TUTORING If you are experiencing any technical difficulties click here to connect to our tech support life chat.
Steps to Meet with a Tutor
- CHECK Tutoring Program Hours below for specific subjects.
- LOG INTO LRC Tutoring Online Drop In System or log in to TLC Writing Appointment System to schedule an appointment.
- FOLLOW THE PROMPT to access drop-in tutoring or to schedule an appointment. (Note: The Drop In button will be inactive during hours when no tutoring is available in the LRC.)
- CLICK ON ZOOM LINK to enter tutoring zoom room.
NOTE: You can access the LRC Tutoring Center while in Canvas, too.
- Select the Student Support Portal icon on the left menu.
- Look for the Tutoring tile.
Tutoring Program Hours
Pass the Torch (Peer-to-peer tutoring for core courses in English, ESLL and Math)
STEM Center (Drop-In Tutoring for Accounting, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Math, Networking, Physics, The Garden, The Village)
Writing & Language Center (Support with reading, writing, and research for all subjects)
Visit the LRC Tutoring Canvas page for more info about the WLC.
NetTutor (24/7 online tutoring)
For hours when the Writing & Language (WLC), STEM Center, and Pass the Torch are closed, or for subjects not covered by Foothill's tutoring centers, you can get additional online tutoring support from NetTutor, a 24/7 online tutoring service. To access NetTutor, please visit the LRC Tutoring Canvas page.
Resources for Using Zoom
Provides a summer review session for students interested in preparing for an English placement retest.
State-funded program serving students who are financially and educationally disadvantaged. Includes one-on-one tutoring.
Math Performance Success
Would you like extra help with Math 10: Statistics?
If yes, the MPS program provides support to help you complete your general education, transfer and associate degree math requirement.
Math Summer Bridge
Summer review session for students preparing for a math placement retest.
|COVID-19 Update: Tutoring will remain predominantly virtual in the spring quarter, with some on-campus STEM tutoring. See foothill.edu/tutoring or contact email@example.com for information.|