Pass the Torch
Tutoring Moves to Virtual Format
Pass The Torch tutoring has moved online. See our Tutoring website for more information.
Once on the site select the Pass the Torch ZOOM ROOM red buttons to connect!
About Our Program
Pass the Torch helps you earn the highest potential grade in a specific course so you can advance to the next level.
We link students who excel in English, English for Second-Language Learners (ESLL) and math with students who want support in these same core classes.
You'll be matched into one-on-one study teams consisting of a team leader (tutor) and a team member (tutee). Teams are matched according to availability, meet for the entire quarter and work together in the specific subject in which the member is enrolled.
Learn how to join a study team as a member or leader.
Our Basic Approach
- Pass The Torch respects your individuality.
- Our students come from a wide variety of economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- You work together in teams to strive for the highest possible grade for each individual member.
Our Primary Goals
- To see that every student in Pass The Torch has the opportunity of success regardless of his or her past educational experiences.
- To see our students move on to higher levels of education using Pass The Torch as a stepping stone.
- To create a place on campus of pride, respect and yes, even fun.
Our Core Values
Teamwork • Commitment • Communication
Pass The Torch − with its unique one-on-one study team emphasis − has proven itself quarter after quarter to be a program that makes a difference in Foothill College students’ academic success.
92% Fall 2016 English Success Rate
Please Contact Us!
Pass the Torch Program
3600 Building, Office 3609
|Monday–Thursday: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.|
|Friday: 8 a.m.–Noon
|Closed: Holidays & Recesses|