Math Performance Success
About the MPS Program
MPS Classes Offered Online and In Person for FallPlease note below whether a class will meet in person on campus or virtually online.
We will provide tutoring, counseling, and extended time support service to students participating in the MPS program.
Would You Like Extra Help with Math 10: Statistics?
If yes, the MPS program provides a Math 10: Elementary Statistics course that can be used to complete your general education, transfer and associate degree requirements.
You Must Enroll in Math 10 or Math 48A and NCBS 405 Together
MPS Schedule for Fall 2021
You can select to enroll either grouping but you must be enrolled in both classes with the same instructor:
Group 1— Elementary Statistics
Instructor Sarah Munoz
Math 10 1MV (CRN: 20768) 10 a.m.-12:15 p.m.(M/W) Virtual
NCBS 405.M1V (CRN: 21578) 10 a.m.-12:15 p.m. (T/TH) Virtual
Group 2 — Precalculus I for STEM Students
Instructor Marnie Francisco
Math 48A.6MP (CRN:20178 ) 10 a.m.-12:15 p.m. (M/W) On-campus
NCBS 405.6MP (CRN:21576 ) 10 a.m.-12:15 p.m (T/TH) On-campus
Instructor Zachary Cembellin
Math 48A.7MP (CRN: 20939) 10 a.m.-12:15 p.m. (M/W) On-campus
NCBS 405.7MP (CRN: 21579) 10 a.m.-12:15 p.m. (T/TH) Virtual
- Specialized instruction in an engaging and supportive environment
- Counseling support in the classroom
- Additional tutoring services
- Based on availability, a free rental textbook and calculator for the quarter
How to Apply
It's easy to apply for the MPS Program!
- Simply complete the MPS Interest/Application Form.
- Then our MPS counselor Luis Carillo will contact you to discuss next steps. If you have any questions beforehand, you can contact Luis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650.949.7003.
All students are eligible to take MATH 10.
No assessment test required.
Our Commitment to Your Success
The MPS program team firmly believes that any student who is willing to put in the time and energy and is provided with the appropriate support and services can be successful in Math.
Our team of instructors, counselors and tutors work closely to provide a supportive environment to help you succeed in Math.
Your Part for the Commitment
If you choose to participate in MPS, we ask you to commit to these guidelines:
- Attend class regularly. MPS allows a maximum of 5 absences throughout the quarter.
- Being more than 5 minutes late will be calculated as ½ of an absence.
- Keep up with all homework, activities and lab assignments.
- Abide by the MPS Program Participant agreement.