Summer Bridge English Program
Boost Your English & College Success Skills
July 11–Aug 4
10 a.m.-12:50 p.m. M-Th (Online Synchronous Zoom)
Prepare yourself for your first college English course and the full Foothill College experience by
- accessing on campus and virtual resources
- improving strategies for reading, writing, grammar, and study skills
- exploring the majors and pathways of study to plot your path forward
- engaging in service leadership and community building
Four Week Bridge
In just four weeks, Summer Bridge will help you be more confident in any class. You'll work with other students and learn from experts in diverse fields.
Summer Bridge English Students
- Spend time in a stimulating college environment
- Improve reading comprehension, thesis writing, paragraph development, essay organization and sentence structure
- Develop strategies for all college classes
- Boost confidence to succeed in your fall classes
- Participate in enriching campus activities
- Get course textbooks free of charge
- Receive priority registration for fall quarter upon successful completion of the course
You're Eligible for Summer Bridge If
- You're a high school graduate and have not yet completed an English class at Foothill College.
- You're a high school student interested in doing Dual Enrollment at Foothill.
- You're a community member considering a return to college, or first time college enrollment.
- You have completed the guided self-placement for Foothill College and have received a recommendation to take ENGL 1A with the Co-requisite.
- You want to refresh your English skills and prepare for college courses in English and other disciplines emphasizing reading and writing.
- You want to develop strategies for success and share them with others.
Registration Is Easy
- Apply for Foothill College and follow the instructions to active your student ID number and MyPortal account
- Complete your Guided Placement Assessment
- Sign up for Summer Bridge by registering for Non-Credit English (NCEN 400) in MyPortal