Steps to Success
EOPS Peer Advising
The Peer Advising program in the EOPS department at Foothill College is an important entity designed to help student achieve success in their educational endeavors.
Peer Advisors are not counselors, but they are available to help students.
- The role of peer advisors is to encourage and monitor EOPS/CARE students as they progress at Foothill College. This program clearly embraces the concept of "students reaching out to students" at work.
- Be knowledgeable about the general services provided by the EOPS department and Foothill College in order to familiarize and acquaint students to the available resources.
- Ease the transition of first-year students from high school to college life and provide support for continuing students.
- It is also important that peer-advisors take an active stance to ensure that EOPS/CARE students are informed and empowered.
The goals of the EOPS Peer Advising program are aimed to promote the academic achievement among our students:
- Help first-year students adjust to college
- Monitor student's educational progress
- Facilitate appointments for EOPS counselors
- Encourage and support students
- Ensure appropriate referrals to on-campus resources
- Simplify student's transition between each quarter
We're Here to Help!
Student Services Building 8000, Room 8202, 2nd floor
Winter 2023 Hours
JAN. 9–MAR. 31
IN-PERSON & VIRTUAL SERVICES
Monday–Thursday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.-3 p.m. (Virtual Only)
Closed: 1/16, 2/17, 2/20