When You Earn an Associate Degree
Based on grade-point average upon graduation, Foothill awards scholastic honors to students who earn the associates degree, complete a minimum of 24 Foothill units and meet certain criteria.
- Highest Honors are awarded to graduating students who receive grade-point average of 4.0 in all community college work.
- High Honors are awarded to those with grade-point average of 3.5 or above in all community college work.
- Honors are awarded to those whose grade-point average is between 3.3 and 3.5.
Quarterly Dean's List
- A student taking 12 or more units per quarter will be placed on the Dean's List if his quarter grade-point average is 3.5 (a "B+" average) or better
- A part-time student who has acquired a cumulative grade-point average of 3.5 or more in at least 12 units and who has earned a 3.5 grade-point average in the last quarter's units is also eligible for the Dean's List.
The president's medal is awarded at the annual commencement ceremony to the first-time degree recipients with a 4.0 GPA in all college coursework, including 60 resident units at Foothill.
To qualify for this award, student must petition for graduation by June 1.
Honors Institute Eligibility
Students with strong academic motivation and ability are offered special class sections taught by faculty selected for their special interest in working with honors students.
Honors Institute Program Features
- Special courses that prepare students for transfer to top colleges and universities
- Discussions and projects that stimulate intellectual development
- Free tickets to cultural events and seminars
- Transcript notation of "Honors Scholar" for students completing seven of the designated honors courses with an A or B
Visit the Honors Institute website to learn how to apply for the program and then register for current honors courses.
Admissions and Records
Student Services Building 8100, Room 8101
Can't find an answer on our website?
TEXT your admissions or registration question/concern to Foothill's ASK ME! service.
Text questions will be answered during regular business hours.
A & R Office Hours
MAIN CAMPUSMon. & Tues. 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
Wed. & Thurs. 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Fri. 8 a.m.–3 p.m.
SUNNYVALE CENTERMon.–Tues. 10 a.m.–6:30 p.m.
Wed.–Thurs. 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
Fri. 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Holiday & ExceptionsMain Campus:
Closed Monday, Jan. 20 Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday
Closed Thursday, Feb. 6 Student Services Meeting (Campus Open)
Closed Feb. 14-Feb. 17 Presidents Day Weekend
Academic Dates & Deadlines