Chemistry 1A Assessment
Due to COVID-19 all Chemistry 1A in-person placement exams have been suspended until further notice.
Students who wish to enroll into Chemistry 1A and have not taken Chemistry 25 may email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Chemistry 1A assessment survey.
- Survey responses will be evaluated by chemistry faculty
- If students meet the criteria for Chemistry 1A your placement will be found in your MyPortal account
- If you do not meet the criteria for Chemistry 1A you will receive an email instructing you to enroll in Chemistry 25 the prerequisite for Chemistry 1A
- In addition all students must meet the math prerequisite of Math 105 – Intermediate Algebra to enroll into Chemistry 1A
Challenging Your Results
- Challenges to placements should be directed to the Student Faculty Support Center.
De Anza Chemistry Test Score Transfer
- Foothill College only accepts the transfer of De Anza Chem Exam scores.
- We cannot accept placement test scores from the CSUs, UCs, or other outside institutions.
- To transfer your De Anza Chem Exam Scores, please complete the Transfer of Scores process.