Quick Questions Drop-In Sessions
For quick help, get in queue to meet with a counselor during our Quick Question Hours. To get in queue, call 650.949.7423 or 650.949.7821 or use the FH Counseling Chat feature.
- Your request for help will be placed in the order received.
- You can request to meet with a counselor for up to 15 minutes via telephone or Zoom.
- We start our queue no more than 5 -minutes before the sessions begin.
Note: All Quick Question dates and times are subject to change.
Quick Questions Hours
General Counseling Quick Question Hours for Spring Quarter
Monday - 3:30 - 5:15 p.m. ( canceled for Mon. May 2)
Tuesday- 10:00 - 11:45 a.m.
Wednesday - 1:30 - 3:15 p.m.
Thursday- 9:30 - 11:15 a.m.
Friday - none offered
F-1 International Counseling QQ Hours
- Monday: 11:00 a.m.- noon, with Kim Lane
- Tuesday: 1:00 -2:00 p.m., with Cathy Denver
- Wednesday: 3:00 -4 :00 p.m., with Cathy Denver
- Thursday: 8:30-9:30 a.m., with Kim Lane
Dates and times subject to change.
When To See an International Counselor
Appointments must be scheduled specifically with an international counselor for the
- I-20 Extension: counselor recommendation & educational plan
- Optional Practical Training (OPT) & educational plan
- Reduced Course Load (less than 12 units)
Note: When requesting a reduced course load for medical reasons, you must meet directly with the immigration advisor in the International Student Office, not a counselor.
When to Schedule a 30-Minute Appointment Instead
Please keep in mind that educational plans, academic probation issues and transcript evaluations typically
require more time than the 15-minutes.
We want to ensure that our counselors can give you the personalized attention and accuracy that you
deserve! For those types of topics, we recommend scheduling a 30-minute appointment,