Quick Questions Drop-In Sessions
Offered Virtually this Fall
For quick help, get in queue to meet with a counselor during our Quick Question Hours. To get in queue, call 650.949.7423 or 650.949.7821 or use the FH Counseling Chat feature.
- Your request for help will be placed in the order received.
- You can request to meet with a counselor for up to 15 minutes via telephone, Zoom, or email/chat.
Note: All Quick Question hours are subject to change.
Quick Questions Hours
General Counseling QQ Hours
- Tuesday: 11:30 a.m.-1:15 p.m.
- Wednesday 11:30 a.m.–1:15 p.m.
- Thursday: 11:30 a.m.–1:15 p.m.
F-1 International Counseling QQ Hours
- Monday: 11 a.m.–Noon, with Kim Lane
- Tuesday: 1–2 p.m., with Cathy Denver
- Wednesday: 3–4 p.m., with Cathy Denver
- Thursday: 8:30–9:30 a.m., with Kim Lane
When To See an International Counselor
Appointments must be scheduled specifically with an international counselor for the
- I-20 Extension: counselor recommendation & educational plan
- Optional Practical Training (OPT) & educational plan
- Reduced Course Load (less than 12 units)
Note: When requesting a reduced course load for medical reasons, you must meet directly with the immigration advisor in the International Student Office, not a counselor.
When to Schedule a 30-Minute Appointment Instead
Please keep in mind that educational plans, academic probation issues and transcript evaluations typically
require more time than the 15-minutes.
We want to ensure that our counselors can give you the personalized attention and accuracy that you
deserve! For those types of topics, we recommend scheduling a 30-minute appointment,