Quick Questions Drop-In Sessions
For quick help, get in queue to meet with a counselor during our Quick Question Hours. To get in queue, call 650.949.7423 or 650.949.7821 or use the FH Counseling Chat feature.
- Your request for help will be placed in the order received.
- You can request to meet with a counselor for up to 15 minutes via telephone or Zoom.
- We start our queue no more than 5-minutes before the sessions begin.
- We stop adding students to the queue 15-minutes before closing time.
Note: All Quick Question dates and times are subject to change.
Quick Questions Hours
General Counseling Quick Question Hours for Fall Quarter
First week of fall quarter:
9/26: 10:00-11:45am/ 2:00-3:45pm
9/27: 9:30- 11:15am/ 2:30-4:15pm
9/28: 11:30-1:15pm/ 3:00-4:45pm
9/29: 9:00-10:45am/ 2:00-3:45pm
9/30: 9:30-11:15am/ 1:00-2:45pm
Second week of fall quarter:
10/3: 11:00-12:45am/ 2:00-3:45pm
10/4: 10:00-11:45am/ 4:00-5:45pm
10/5: 9:30-1:15pm/ 3:00-4:45pm
10/7: 10:30-12:15pm/ 1:00-2:45pm
*Note: Our Counseling Office will be closed Nov 11 in honor of Veterans Day and Nov 24-25 for Thanksgiving holiday.
F-1 International Counseling Quick Question Hours for Fall Quarter
Kim Lane - Mondays: 11:30am-12:30pm
Cathy Denver - Tuesdays: 1:00-2:00 pm
Cathy Denver - Wednesdays: 3:00-4:00pm
Kim Lane -Thursdays: 8:30am-9:30am
When To See an International Counselor
Appointments must be scheduled specifically with an international counselor for the
- I-20 Extension: counselor recommendation & educational plan
- Optional Practical Training (OPT) & educational plan
- Reduced Course Load (less than 12 units)
Note: When requesting a reduced course load for medical reasons, you must meet directly with the immigration advisor in the International Student Office, not a counselor.
When to Schedule a 30-Minute Appointment Instead
Please keep in mind that educational plans, academic probation issues and transcript evaluations typically
require more time than the 15-minutes.
We want to ensure that our counselors can give you the personalized attention and accuracy that you
deserve! For those types of topics, we recommend scheduling a 30-minute appointment,