Apply & Register
Orientation for New Students
If you are a new student at Foothill, you have three options for completing your orientation requirement to receive priority registration.
- First you must apply for admission so that you have your student identification number, also known as your campuswide ID or CWID, to sign up for any of the options.
- Before starting orientation, we recommend that you check your assessment placement results.
- If you choose to attend an in-person SOAR workshop or take CNSL 5, you'll meet with a counselor to complete your education plan at that time. If you choose the online orientation option, you'lll need to make an appointment with a counselor after orientation to complete your education plan.
Options for Completing Orientation
During SOAR, you'll complete all steps to receive priority registration for the next registration period,
- Assessment for placement
- Education plan
The next SOAR workshop is on Wednesday, Aug. 21, from 9 a.m.–1 p.m. See details and register to attend
Counseling 5 (1-Unit Course)
Take Counseling 5: Introduction to College to complete orientation and all other steps for priority registration.
For course dates and times, see the schedule of classes
Online Orientation is self-paced and can be completed in one sitting or multiple sittings. There is no charge for enrolling in this Canvas course.
- Go to the Online Orientation enrollment login page.
- Log in with your Campuswide ID.
Note: If you have trouble logging into the online orientation, contact the Admissions & Records office.
- Click the "Enroll in Course" button to register for Online Orientation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the orientation.
- When you are finished, don't forget to make an appointment with a counselor to get help with your education plan!
Admissions and Records
Student Services Building 8100, Room 8101
Can't find an answer on our website?
TEXT your admissions or registration question/concern to Foothill's ASK ME! service.
Text questions will be answered during regular business hours.
A & R Office Hours
MAIN CAMPUSMon. & Tues. 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
Wed. & Thurs. 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Fri. 8 a.m.–3 p.m.
SUNNYVALE CENTERMon.–Tues. 10 a.m.–6:30 p.m.
Wed.–Thurs. 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
Fri. 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Holiday & ExceptionsMain Campus:
Closed Monday, Jan. 20 Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday
Closed Thursday, Feb. 6 Student Services Meeting (Campus Open)
Closed Feb. 14-Feb. 17 Presidents Day Weekend