Apply & Register
Orientation for New Students
If you are a new student at Foothill, you have three options for completing your orientation requirement to receive priority registration.
- First you must apply for admission so that you have your student identification number, also known as your campuswide ID or CWID, to sign up for any of the options.
- Before starting orientation, we recommend that you check your assessment placement results.
- If you choose to attend an in-person SOAR workshop or take CNSL 5, you'll meet with a counselor to complete your education plan at that time. If you choose the online orientation option, you'lll need to make an appointment with a counselor after orientation to complete your education plan.
Options for Completing Orientation
During SOAR, you'll complete all steps to receive priority registration for the next registration period,
- Assessment for placement
- Education plan
Counseling 5 (1-Unit Course)
Take Counseling 5: Introduction to College to complete orientation and all other steps for priority registration.
For course dates and times, see the schedule of classes
Online Orientation is self-paced and can be completed in one sitting or multiple sittings. There is no charge for enrolling in this Canvas course.
- Go to the Online Orientation enrollment login page.
- Log in with your Campuswide ID.
Note: If you have trouble logging into the online orientation, contact the Admissions & Records office.
- Click the "Enroll in Course" button to register for Online Orientation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the orientation.
- When you are finished, don't forget to make an appointment with a counselor to get help with your education plan!
Admissions and Records
Student Services Building 8100, Room 8101
Virtual Services Only: Oct. 1–Dec. 21
Please contact us by Phone, Email, Chat or Help Form during business hours:
Monday–Thursday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m. & Friday: 9 a.m.–Noon
HOLIDAYS & EXCEPTIONS
Closed Nov. 11 for Veterans Day
Closed Nov. 25–26 for Thanksgiving HolidaySUNNYVALE CENTER CLOSED Please contact Main Campus for virtual services.