The Foothill College Promise
Get your first year of college free!
Experience the same great quality of education at no cost to you.
Beginning fall 2018, first-time, full-time students are eligible to have the cost of tuition and fees waived for their first year at Foothill College.
We encourage all underrepresented students to apply, including undocumented students, veterans and AVID students.
Students who have participated in Early College Promise are encouraged to enroll and will receive the same benefits of the Early College Promise if enrolled full-time at Foothill.
- Must have earned a high school diploma or the equivalent (i.e., GED or CHSPEE) in 2018 and
- Never attended college after having earned a high school diploma or the equivalent (summer 2018 enrollments are not disqualifying) and
- Enroll in and maintain a minimum of 12 units during your first and subsequent quarters of the 2018-19 academic year at Foothill College
- Qualify for in-state tuition rates, including via the AB 540 Nonresident Tuition Fee exemption
- All enrollment fees and tuition waived
- SmartPass to ride UNLIMITED VTA public transportation (bus and light rail) each quarter
- OwlCard to receive discounts on and off campus
- Access to all student support services, including counseling, tutoring, health care and psychological services
- Eligible students that qualify for the California College Promise Grant (formerly known as the BOG fee waiver) will receive up to $1,000 for course materials (such as textbooks and required course supplies) at the college bookstore (to be distributed in equal $333.33 portions across each qualifying quarter)
- Last-dollar scholarship — Once all other sources of financial aid are determined, the scholarship will cover remaining tuition and fees