Foothill College Promise
Get two years free tuition & textbooks covered, too!
First-time, full-time students — apply for Foothill College Promise.
Experience the smarter choice of a great quality education at no cost to you!
First-time, full-time students (12 units or more*) are eligible to have the cost of tuition, fees and textbooks fully paid for their first two years at Foothill College.
And it doesn't stop there.
- Any number of units more than 12 per quarter will be covered during your first two years at Foothill. That can add up to some extra savings.
- Plus, we'll cover the cost of all your required books and course materials from the
college bookstore for both years.
- Eligible Extended Opportunities Programs & Services (EOPS) students will also receive up to $750 for a laptop from the college bookstore.
*Students who fall below 12 units will not be eligible for the Promise in subsequent quarters. For tutoring, counseling and other support services, visit Student Services.
Get Started Today
Apply for Fall Admission
Our fall application is open now. Registration begins in July.
Review Requirements to Receive College Promise
- Never attended college (summer enrollments are NOT disqualifying) and
- Enroll in and maintain a minimum of 12 units (full-time status) during your first and subsequent quarters of the 2019-20 academic year at Foothill College
- Qualify for in-state tuition rates, including via the AB 540 Nonresident Tuition Fee Exemption
- Fill out a FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application (students do not have to qualify for aid to be eligible)
Fill out a 2019-2020 FAFSA or Dream Act Application
It takes less than 30 minutes to apply, and even less with the new FAFSA mobile app!
Explore Your Options
We have many great resources at Foothill to help you succeed. Check out these programs.
We Invite All Students to Join Us
We encourage all underrepresented students to apply for admission to Foothill College, including undocumented students, veterans and AVID students.
Students with disabilities taking a reduced load of at least 6 units are eligible for the Foothill College Promise.
- Check the Foothill College Promise FAQ for additional information
Note: Foothill College Promise awards are funded by the State of California and the amount granted is subject to change.
Apply for Financial Aid Browse Degrees & Certificates
We're Here to Help!
Financial Aid Office
Building 8100, Room 8101
Follow Us on Instagram
Academic Dates & Deadlines