Student Fees & Tuition
Enrollment Fee: $31 per unit
Learn more about financial aid.
Basic Fees: $53.75-$55.75
- $10 Student Body Fee
- $17 Health Services Fee (Effective Fall 2017)
- $1 Student Representation Fee
- $20 Campus Center Use Fee
- $7.75/$6.75/$5.75* SmartPass Fee (Effective Spring 2018)
*VTA SmartPass Clipper Card
The quarterly SmartPass is $7.75 for full-time students enrolled in 12 or more units; $6.75 for part-time students who are enrolled in 6 units up to 11.5 units, and $5.75 for the students who are enrolled in less than 6 units. Get your SmartPass Clipper Card for unlimited rides on all VTA buses and light rail for the duration of each quarter you're enrolled. Learn more about the ASFC VTA SmartPass program.
This fee supports many services, activities, and discounts, such as free dental services, recreation room and movie tickets. Learn more about the OwlCard at the Student Activities Office.
Health Services Fee
Students who depend exclusively upon prayer for healing and students in approved apprenticeship training programs may request this fee to be waived by submitting the Health Fee Exemption Form.
For information about how to access student health services, visit our Health Center.
This fee provides support for students or student groups to present student viewpoints to government agencies and legislators.
Fee Waivers and Reduction
Student Body & Student Representative Fee
- The Student Body Fee & the Student Representation Fee are not required and are voluntary.
- If you don't want to pay the optional fees, submit a request using the Optional Fee Waiver Request Form.
- The optional fee waiver must be submitted during the registration period (on or before the second week of the quarter) and is valid for the applicable term.
- The Campus Center Use Fee can be waived for online students with no on-site meetings and who live outside of the district service area.
- Go to the Off Campus Center Fee Waiver Form to request the Campus Center Use Fee to be waived.
- If you take only online classes with no on-site meeting and live outside of the district service area, choosing the Off Campus Center Fee Form will also waive the optional fees.
Fee Waiver Credits
- The fee waiver credits will be released to your student accounts 24 hours after submitting the fee waiver requests.
- You will also receive email notification(s) regarding your fee waiver request status.
- If you have any fee waiver questions, send an email to email@example.com or call the Cashiering Team at 650.949.7331.
- Out-of-state and foreign citizens ($160 per unit)
- International Student Health Insurance $506
- Out-of-state, foreign citizens and eligible visa holders will be charged $160 per unit in addition to the basic and required enrollment fees. (EX: A, E, G, I, K, L, H1, H4, Permanent Resident, etc.)
- Health insurance is required for all foreign students who hold F-1 visas. For more information, see the International Student Program.
If you are taking 6 units or less
- Effective Fall 2017, out-of-state students who live in California enrolled in 6 units or less at either Foothill, De Anza or combined, will be waived the $160 non-resident tuition fee. When this group of students enroll into 6.5 units or more for the term, $160/unit tuition for all units enrolled (including the first 6 units) will be charged.
- The fee wavier will apply to the eligible student accounts 6 hours after enrolling successfully into the class(es).
- NOTE: The fee reduction does not apply to foreign students. The fee reduction also does not apply to out of state students who lives outside California.
Dual High School Students
- Dual high school students enrolled in 12 units or more (6 in summer) at either Foothill, De Anza, or combined are considered a regular full-time student and will be charged all fees.
Calculation & Payment of Fees
Use the Fee Calculator to determine fees. All fees are due and payable at the time of registration.
- See important dates to remember for deadlines to enroll, add or drop classes and request refunds for each quarter.
- Payment for classes is due upon enrollment. Drop for Nonpayment days vary for each quarter.
- Students with an outstanding balance will not be eligible to register for future Foothill College courses, request transcripts, receive financial aid and scholarships or petition to graduate.
- Payment may be made by check, money order, cashier's check, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover Card. DO NOT SEND CASH.
- All fees are subject to change without notice.
- Students are responsible for paying fees at the time of registration.
- It is the student's responsbility to notifiy Admissions and Records and the Cashier's Office of any fee discrepancies.
Warning: Outstanding Accounts
- All accounts with an outstanding fee balance at the end of the term will be forwarded to a third-party collection agency.
- Students are responsible for any fee charged by the collection agency.
- Collection costs of 30 percent will be charged to the student.
- Delinquent account information may be reported to national credit reporting agencies by the collection agency.
Questions?We're Here to Help!
Student Services Building 8100, Room 8101
A & R Office Hours
Winter Quarter Jan. 8-March 30
MAIN CAMPUSMon. & Tues. 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
Wed. & Thurs. 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Fri. 8 a.m.–3 p.m.
SUNNYVALE CENTERMon.–Thurs. 10 a.m.–7 p.m.
Fri. 10 a.m.–1:30 p.m.