Student Fees & Tuition
Enrollment Fee: $31 per unit
Learn more about financial aid.
Basic Fees: $54.75-$56.75
- $10 Student Body Fee
- $17 Health Services Fee
- $2 Student Representation Fee (Effective 2020 Summer)
- $20 Campus Center Fee
- $7.75/$6.75/$5.75* SmartPass Fee (Effective Spring 2018)
*VTA SmartPass Clipper Card
The quarterly SmartPass is $7.75 for full-time students enrolled in 12 or more units; $6.75 for part-time students who are enrolled in 6 units up to 11.5 units, and $5.75 for the students who are enrolled in less than 6 units. Get your SmartPass Clipper Card for unlimited rides on all VTA buses and light rail for the duration of each quarter you're enrolled. Learn more about the ASFC VTA SmartPass program.
This fee supports many services, activities, and discounts, such as free dental services, recreation room and movie tickets. Learn more about the OwlCard at the Student Activities Office.
Health Services Fee
Students who depend exclusively upon prayer for healing and students in approved apprenticeship training programs may request this fee to be waived by submitting the Health Fee Exemption Form.
For information about how to access student health services, visit our Health Center.
This fee provides support for students or student groups to present student viewpoints to government agencies and legislators.
Fee Waivers and Reduction
Student Body & Student Representative Fee
- The Student Body Fee & the Student Representation Fee are not required and are voluntary.
- If you don't want to pay the optional fees, submit a request using the Optional Fee Waiver Request Form.
- The optional fee waiver must be submitted on or before the 8th week of the quarter and is valid for the applicable term.
- The Campus Center Fee can be waived for classes originally scheduled as an online class on the catalogue and for students who live outside of the district service area. Hybrid classes are not eligible for the campus center fee waiver.
- The Campus Center Fee is not waived due to COVID-19.
- Go to the Off Campus Center Fee Waiver Form to request the Campus Center Fee to be waived.
- If you take only classes originally scheduled as online classes on the catalogue and live outside of the district service area, choosing the Off Campus Center Fee Form will also waive the optional fees.
- The campus center fee waiver must be submitted on or before the sixth week of the quarter and is valid for the applicable term.
Fee Waiver Credits
- The fee waiver credits will be released to your student accounts 24 hours after submitting the fee waiver requests.
- You will also receive email notification(s) regarding your fee waiver request status.
- If you have any fee waiver questions, send an email to email@example.com or call the Cashiering Team at 650.949.7331.
Announcement: Non-resident tuition increase from $193 to $205 per credit unit effective Summer 2021
We want to let you know that the Foothill-De Anza Community College District Board of Trustees recently approved a tuition increase for all nonresident students for the upcoming 2021-2022 academic year.
Effective summer session 2021, tuition will increase from $193 per credit unit to $205 per unit.
The enrollment fee will continue to be $31 per unit.
Total cost per unit for the 2021-2022 academic year will be $236.
Many factors are taken into consideration when calculating tuition and fees.
The District is legally required to follow California’s Education Code Section 76140, which relates to setting nonresident tuition rates. The legal requirements include setting a minimum nonresident tuition rate.
The District’s nonresident tuition rate is consistently at the statewide average for community colleges and far lower than public and private universities.
Nonresident tuition at the statewide average is below the District’s total cost of education per student.
The enrollment fee of $31 per unit will not increase in 2021-2022.
The increase will take effect beginning for the Summer 2021.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District remains committed to your success. All students will continue to receive a high quality, affordable education from one of the top community college Districts in California.
Please know that you are an essential part of our community, and we are proud that you chose to study at our college.
Effective Summer 2020-Spring 2021
- Out-of-state and foreign citizens $193 per unit
- International Student Health Insurance $562
- Out-of-state, foreign citizens and eligible visa holders will be charged $193 per unit in addition to the basic and required enrollment fees. (EX: A, E, G, I, K, L, H1, H4, Permanent Resident, etc.)
- Health insurance is required for all foreign students who hold F-1 visas. For more information, see the International Student Program.
- For residency reclassification request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Dual Enrolled High School Students
- Dual enrolled high school students enrolled in 12 units or more (6 or more in summer) at either Foothill, De Anza, or combined are considered a regular full-time student and will be charged all fees.
Calculation & Payment of Fees
Use the Fee Calculator to determine fees. All fees are due and payable at the time of registration.
- See important dates to remember for deadlines to enroll, add or drop classes and request refunds for each quarter.
- Payment for classes is due upon enrollment. Drop for Nonpayment days vary for each quarter.
- Students with an outstanding balance will not be eligible to register for future Foothill College courses, request transcripts, receive financial aid and scholarships or petition to graduate.
- Payment may be made by check, money order, cashier's check, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover Card. DO NOT SEND CASH.
- All fees are subject to change without notice.
- Students are responsible for paying fees at the time of registration.
- It is the student's responsbility to notifiy Admissions and Records and the Cashier's Office of any fee discrepancies.
Warning: Outstanding Accounts
- All accounts with an outstanding fee balance at the end of the term will be forwarded to a third-party collection agency.
- Delinquent account information may be reported to national credit reporting agencies by the collection agency.
We're Here to Help!
Student Services Building 8100, Room 8101
A & R Office Hours
MAIN CAMPUSMONDAY–THURSDAY 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
FRIDAY 9 a.m.–Noon
SUNNYVALE CENTERCLOSED Please contact Main Campus for virtual services.
HOLIDAYS & EXCEPTIONSCLOSED Jan. 18 Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday
CLOSED Feb. 12-15 Presidents Day Weekend
Academic Dates & Deadlines