Refund Policies and Procedures
A community college district shall not refund any enrollment fee paid by a student for program changes made after the first two weeks of instruction for a primary term-length course, or after the 10 percent point of length of the course for a short-term course, unless the program changes are a result of action by the district to cancel or reschedule a class or to drop a student pursuant to Section 58106(g) where the student fails to meet a prerequisite.
In accordance with Section 58508 of Title V, California Code of Regulation, the college may withhold $10 from your enrollment fee refund.
How to Request a Refund
Refunds are not automatic. You must submit a request.
You can now submit a refund request through your MyPortal account.
Most refunds will be processed no earlier than the first day of the third week of term.
It is always a student's responsibility to request a refund if s/he would like to use the credit to pay against a future year tuition and fees.
Payment transactions made prior to the current calendar year will not be calculated on the current 1098T tax statement.
- See drop deadlines for your sections in MyPortal under View Your Class Schedule.
- Drop your classes before the drop deadlines. If your class meets one time only, drop your class before the date of the class meeting.
- A class added after the drop deadline is not eligible for a refund.
- Refunds due to drops before the start of term will not include the $10 refund service charge.
- Refund: Total credit, minus $10 refund service charge, for class(es) dropped within the deadline. See academic calendar.
- Refund/credit of parking fee: NO refund after 2nd week of quarter or 1st week of summer session except cancellation of all classes by the college for quarterly parking permit. Annual parking permit is non-refundable at all times. Decal must be returned to the campus police to qualify for the refund/credit.
- Students enrolled in courses at both Foothill and De Anza for the same quarter only have to pay the basic fees at the first school they enrolled in for that quarter. It is the student's responsibility to request that the basic fees be removed at the second school. To request basic fees removed you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Cashier's Office at (650) 949-7331.
- For a 12-week class
Drop/withdraw within the first two weeks of the quarter.
- For a non 12-week class
See the class schedule for refund deadlines.
- The last refund date for your section is in your Myportal under View Your Class Schedule.
- EW excused withdrawal is non refundable.
- Requesting refunds: Refunds must be requested via MyPortal. (See How to Request a Refund instructions above.) Allow two to three weeks processing time.
- CVC-OEI students only: You can submit your refund request by sending an email to email@example.com. Please include your Foothill College student ID in the email.
- Refunds are not automatically mailed out.
- Student ID card and parking permit must be returned to receive refund.
- No refunds for drops or withdrawals after the deadlines.
- It is the responsibility of each student to familiarize himself/herself with the refund policy.
- Requests for an exception to the refund policy should be submitted to the Admissions and Records Office, using a petition form.
- A service fee, not to exceed $10 per quarter, may be deducted from enrollment fee refunds for classes dropped after the quarter begins. You will not be charged a service fee for canceled classes.
- Contributions for the Foothill Tutorial Center of $3 or more are suggested; tax-deductible.
FEES FOR PARKING AND A STUDENT BODY CARD ARE REFUNDABLE ONLY DURING THE FIRST TWO WEEKS OF QUARTER (AND ONLY IN THE FIRST WEEK OF SUMMER SESSION). STUDENTS MUST RETURN THE DECAL TO THE CAMPUS POLICE. YOU MUST DROP ALL COURSES BY THE DROP FOR REFUND DEADLINE.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Cashiering Team at 650.949.7331 if you have any questions.
We're Here to Help!
Student Services Building 8100, Room 8101
A & R Office Hours
MAIN CAMPUSMONDAY–THURSDAY 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
FRIDAY 9 a.m.–Noon
SUNNYVALE CENTERCLOSED Please contact Main Campus for virtual services.
HOLIDAYS & EXCEPTIONSCLOSED Nov 11 Veterans Day
Academic Dates & Deadlines