Steps to Register for Classes
Getting on a Class Waitlist
If a class is closed when you try to register (add a class), you may add your name to the class waitlist if waitlist space is available.
For easy reference on how to add your name to the waitlist, see the Registration Guide for Students step-by-step section on the Waitlist Process
Waitlist Process. Check Your Email!
- If a space opens up in the class prior to the first class meeting, you will automatically be enrolled in the class.
- A confirmation that you've been enrolled in the waitlisted class will be sent to your e-mail address on file.
- If you no longer want this class, it is your responsibility to drop the class. Check your e-mail regularly!
- Be sure to pay for the class once you are automatically added so that you are not dropped for nonpayment. Check the college payment policies and deadlines for the quarter.
- If you are on a waitlist after the quarter begins, you must attend the first class meeting of the quarter or summer session if you still want to be added into the class.
- If you attend the first day of class and you receive the instructor's approval with an Add Code to add the class, you must immediately add the class.
Important Waitlist Policies
- You can only pick one waitlist for each course – not multiple sections.
- If you are already enrolled in a section, you cannot be on a waitlist for the same course.
- You cannot be on a waitlist for a class if you are already registered for a different course during the same time period.
- Don’t put your name on a waitlist unless you intend to add the class once a seat becomes available.
- You must already meet the prerequisites for a class before you can get on a waitlist. Complete a prerequisite clearance to use coursework from other colleges.
Admissions and Records
Student Services Building 8100, Room 8101
A & R Office Hours
MAIN CAMPUSMONDAY–THURSDAY 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
FRIDAY 9 a.m.–Noon
SUNNYVALE CENTERCLOSED Please contact Main Campus for virtual services.
HOLIDAYS & EXCEPTIONSCLOSED Jan. 18 Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday
CLOSED Feb. 12-15 Presidents Day Weekend
Academic Dates & Deadlines