High School Students
About Dual Enrollment
High school students enrolled in grades 9-12 can take Foothill College classes for free.*
- To participate in the dual enrollment program, you need special permission from a parent/guardian and your high school principal/administrator.
- To get started, follow Steps to Enroll
*Foothill College waives enrollment and all other fees** for dual enrollment as long as you do not take more than 10 units during the fall, winter, and spring quarters (six units in the summer).
**The cost of textbooks, other course fees such as materials fees, and parking fees are not waived.
- Take classes at Foothill College for free*
- Obtain college credits before graduating high school
- Start at CSU/UC as a junior straight out of high school
- Get an early start on your college experience
- Take classes that fit your schedule
Many of our courses are transferable to the University of California (UC) and California State University (CSU) systems. These courses are noted in the course catalog.
Visit the Transfer Center for more information.
We also offer a variety of workforce preparation programs, such as Business, Child Development, Dental Assisting, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Graphic and Interactive Design, Music Technology, or Theatre Technology among others.
See a list of our CTE programs.