subpage flowers image

High School Students

About Dual Enrollment

Take College Classes While in High School!

High school students enrolled in grades 9-12 can enroll in Foothill College classes for free*.

To participate in the Foothill College dual enrollment program, you need special permission from a parent or guardian and your high school principal or administrator.

Follow Steps to Enroll

Apply for Admission

Fill out the admission application.

You can also review the application guide.

If you took classes last term and would like to continue in the coming term, you DO NOT need to fill out a new application.

Submit Special Admit form to Enroll

Once you receive your student 8-digit CWID, begin the Dual Enrollment process, by filling the appropriate Dual Enrollment Form on these links.

Foothill High School Student Dual Enrollment Form

Foothill Outreach CCAP and MOU Partnership Form

You can also find these forms by logging into  your My Portal Account.  Clicking on Apps in the left menu and select the Adobe Sign Student Forms App.  

Under the Student Webforms select the appropriate Dual Enrollment Form

You must complete the special admit form each quarter that you enroll in classes at Foothill, even if you took classes last term.

Attach Unofficial Transcript

Attach a copy of your current unofficial high school transcript to the dual enrollment form. This is used to verify attendance in high school. This does not clear students for prerequisites. Please see policies below.

Submit all documents through the Adobe Sign Form.

We'll get back to you in 3 to 5 business days. 

Check Status of Your Dual Enrollment Form

Register for Classes

Register for your courses through MyPortal using the Course Record Number (CRN).

Many of our English, Math, and Science courses have prerequisite requirements. Contact our Assessment Center if you have any questions.

*Pay Your Fees

*Foothill College waives enrollment and all other fees for dual enrollment as long as you do not take more than 11 units during the Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters (6 units in the Summer).  

The cost of textbooks, other course fees such as materials fees, and parking fees are not waived. 

Review Dual Enrollment Policies

Course Prerequisites

All high school students are required to fulfill course prerequisites in order to demonstrate the current readiness for enrollment in a course. The college has the authority to drop high school students from any course, if prerequisites have not been met.


Basic fees are waived on top of the $31 per unit charge. The cost of textbooks, other course fees such as materials fees, and parking fees are not waived.

High school students who are considered international students for tuition purposes will pay international student fees. Students residing outside of California will also pay non-resident tuition. 

Any dual enrollment student taking 11 units (six in the summer) or more at either Foothill College, De Anza College, or combined is considered a regular full-time student and will be charged all fees.

Students interested in taking excess units should contact Anthony Cervantes, Admissions & Records Supervisor, for additional information at


Limitations on Enrollment and Fees

High school dual enrollment students may enroll in up to 11 units in the fall, winter and spring quarters and six units in the summer session.

Placement Testing

Placement testing is required for high school students interested in taking English, ESL, Math, or Chemistry courses at Foothill College. Assessments are designed to help you succeed in college and measure your understanding of an academic subject.

Visit the Testing & Assessment Center for more information.

Student Information and FERPA

Once a student enrolls at Foothill College, all rights to access student education records belong to the student. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) prevents Foothill College staff and faculty from releasing any student information to friends, family, or others, regardless of the age of the student.


Grades earned in college courses become part of the student's permanent college transcript.


It is the responsibility of the high school student to officially drop a course. If a high school student does not withdraw by the cutoff date, he/she may receive a penalty grade.

Visit Admission & Registration for more information.

UC and CSU Transferrable Classes

Many Foothill courses are transferable to the University of California (UC) and California State University (CSU) systems. These courses are noted in the course catalog.  

Visit the Transfer Center for more information.  

We also offer a variety of workforce preparation programs, such as Business, Child Development, Dental Assisting, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Graphic and Interactive Design, Music Technology, or Theatre Technology among others. 

See a list of our CTE programs.


Schedule of Classes

Course Catalog

Also for High School Students

Special programs for Mountain View Los Altos High School District and Palo Alto Unified District qualifying high school juniors and seniors.

Graduating High School Seniors

ph default text

Need Help?
Contact Us!

Admissions and Records


A & R Help Form

Student Services Building 8100, Room 8101

View In-Person & Virtual A&R Office Hours