Science Learning Institute
Summer STEM Internship Opportunities
The Science Learning Institute connects STEM students with summer internships. Scholarships are provided for students through the Financial Aid office.
Scholarships provide students with opportunities to attend college, advance their
knowledge and skills for workforce preparedness, and help them prepare for both academic
opportunities and financial challenges after transfer.
For Summer 2021, the following STEM internships will be hosted by the Science Learning Institute.
|Discipline(s)||Partnership||Application Deadline||Duration||More information|
|Physics/ Astronomy/ CS||Foothill Astronomy/ UCSC Science Internship Program||Mon, 2/15/21||spring quarter + 6/7 - 8/13/21|
|More to come|
* If you are a Foothill College STEM student and find an unpaid STEM internship on your own, you may be able to obtain funding from the Science Learning Institute. Please contact the SLI Director for more information.
How to Apply
- All internships offered by SLI that have a stipend can be found at https://fhda.academicworks.com/ (directly through the link or see the AcademicWorks tile in MyPortal. Search for "SLI."
- Find out more about filling out the application at the Scholarships page.
- Direct any questions about the internship opportunities to email@example.com.
Foothill-Stanford Bioresearch Internship
SLI has partnered with biology labs at Stanford University to launch this pilot internship program in winter 2021.
Students are partnered with a graduate or post-doctoral mentor and commit five hours a week in a virtual internship, working on independent projects under the guidance of the mentor.
Students receive a $500 stipend and also attend biweekly cohort seminars to learn about topics such as applying to graduate school and careers in biology/ science.
How to Apply
- Applications for winter 2021 have closed.
- Come back to see if this program will be continued in the future after this pilot.
STEM Resources & Opportunities
Sign up to receive emails about internships, scholarships, conferences, and other opportunities for students in STEM.