Emergency Medical Services
About the Program
EMR, EMT & Paramedic Course Listing
All classes are now listed under the "Emergency Medical Services (EMS)" department. You can click on the schedule of classes link to find your class.
Fall classes are now listed, and registration is now open for EMS 50! Go to https://foothill.edu/reg to complete an application and begin your career in the medical field!
Your Pathway to a Career in Emergency Medical Services
If you are interested in a working in as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Paramedic, the Foothill College Emergency Medical Services (EMS) program is right for you!
We offer a complete curriculum to take you to where you want to be.
- Start with our Emergency Medical Responder EMS 50 introduction class.
- Complete courses to prepare you for your Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification
- Earn a Paramedic A.S. degree or Certificate of Achievement
- Our program will make it possible for you to work for ambulance companies, fire departments, hospital emergency rooms, sporting events, and other settings that provide immediate emergency care.
- No prior experience is necessary to begin your path to an exciting and rewarding career in helping people and saving lives.
- Be a Hero. Become an emergency medical provider and make a difference!
Take Noncredit EMR & EMT Courses at No Registration Fee
We also offer a three-class series of noncredit courses (EMS 400, EMS 401/401A, EMS 402/402A) allowing entry into the Emergency Medical Services profession or if you simply want to learn the skills to help save lives as a first-responder at home or in your community.
Careers you can pursue with training in the EMS field
- Ambulance Attendant
- Park Ranger
- Search & Rescue Team
- Ski Patrol
Degree & Program Types
Check out this list for a quick view of our Emergency Medical Services programs. For program requirements and full course listings, view degrees and certificates information.
Associate in Science Degree
Certificate of Achievement
The Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
|Commission on Accreditation
of Allied Health Education Programs
1361 Park Street
Clearwater, FL 33756
Questions?We're Here to Help!
Charlie McKellar, EMS Program Coordinator
Sunnyvale Center, 1070 Innovation Way, Sunnyvale, 94089
|Dave Huseman, EMS Director
Office: Sunnyvale Center
|Nanette Solvason, Division Dean
Office: Main Campus
Division Administrative Assistant
Office: Main Campus
|Biological & Health Sciences Division|