ASFC Student Elections
ASFC Student Elections 2023-2024
Official Results Posted Below
Thank you to all who voted in this year's election. For ballot View Only option to see candidates, visit our ASFC vote page.
Questions about the election? Please contact Daphne Small at email@example.com
Official Election Results
646 people voted, results are below.
|ASFC President||Joshua Agupugo||274|
|ASFC President||Filippi Montes||192|
|ASFC VP of Activities||Amit Freikorn||287|
|ASFC VP of Activities||Helan Wang||184|
|ASFC VP of Administration||Bebel Yen||327|
|ASFC VP of Administration||Gavin Scafidi||115|
|ASFC VP of Finance||Gian Haasner||322|
|ASFC VP of ICC||Alice De Martel||209|
|ASFC VP of ICC||Lillian Swedlow||163|
|ASFC VP of Senate||Molara Mabogunje||278|
|ASFC VP of Senate||Gabriela Grishashvili||81|
|Foothill College Student Trustee||Nicole Nguyen||233|
|Foothill College Student Trustee||Nina Mistry Haywood||185|
|Six Senator Positions|
|ASFC Senator||Jerry Chen||250|
|ASFC Senator||Melody Wang||221|
|ASFC Senator||Haley Moore||197|
|ASFC Senator||Bryce Seymour||185|
|ASFC Senator||Niko Razavi||178|
|ASFC Senator||Ricky Khang||160|
|ASFC Senator||Angelo Bingham Bianco||159|
|ASFC Senator||Jason Vu||127|
Be Involved, Run for ASFC Government
NOTE: The Election Codes are currently being revised to meet virtual election standards.
These ASFC elected position descriptions below are for a basic reference, and are not limited to just what is said below. For better understanding of a specific position, you may email and/or set up a meeting with ASFC Advisor Daphne Small firstname.lastname@example.org
Elected ASFC Positions
ASFC President: Expect a weekly time commitment of 10-15 hours. The President motivates and unites the various boards in student government. The president sets the agenda for weekly Campus Council meetings, chairs those meetings, and is available to solve student issues on campus.
- Chair weekly Campus Council meetings Thursdays 2:00-4:00
- Chair President’s Board meetings & Cabinet
- Attend weekly ASFC budget meetings Tuesdays 2:00-4:00.
- Atten shared governance, Academic Senate, and SSCCC meetings
- Meet weekly with ASFC Advisor & bi-monthly with Dean of Students
- Highly recommended to be familiar with parliamentry procedure and be active in ASFC for the acacdemic
- Attend weekly Campus Council meetings held Thursdays 2:00-4:00 PM (required)
- Attend a college or district Shared Governance meeting (required)
- Meet weekly with the ASFC Advisor
- Should expect a weekly time commitment of 5-10 hours
- Chair weekly meetings of their designated board or council
Vice President of Finance: The VP of Finance oversees the ASFC budget of over $500,000. The VP accepts requests throughout the year and creates the budget for the next academic year.
Vice President of Administration: The VP of Administration oversees ASFC accountability, the by-laws and constitution as well as managing ASFC office supplies. The VP also oversees ASFC Marketing & OwlCard promotion, and is in charge of ASFC Elections every year.
Vice President of Activities: The VP of Activities organizes Welcome Week, weekly activities, big events, and works with the Heritage months, focused on building community through activities. The VP of Activities regularly attends events, many scheduled 12:00-1:00 p.m.
Vice President of Inter Club Council (ICC): The VP of ICC works to charter and promote clubs, organizes club days, and facilitates funding and activity requests for clubs. This position has the power to set club procedures in an effort to make programs accessible and organized for clubs.
Vice President of Senate: The VP of Senate is in charge of promoting political advocacy and awareness. The VP organizes the yearly political awareness day event. The VP also leads the board in short, and long-term projects to improve Foothill College.
Senators (6 positions available): Expect a weekly time commitment of 5 hours. 6 Senators will be elected, and will assist the Senate Board in political advocacy & awareness. Also they’ll assist in guiding the ASFC towards its long term goals, through individual initiatives and long term projects.
- Attend weekly Senate meetings
- Attend Campus Council weekly Thursdays 2:00-4:00 PM
- Attend college or district Shared Governance meeting
Elected Student Trustee Position
The Student Trustee is a member of the Board of Trustees for the Foothill De Anza District. The Trustee casts an advisory vote on all issues brought to the board to speak and advocate on behalf of Foothill students.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Cast an advisory vote during the FHDA Board of Trustees meeting
- The right to second and make motions during meetings
- Attend and participate in all public board meetings
- Prepare for meetings by studying the issues and asking questions
- Influence decisions by wisely participating in discussions
- Attend student government meetings at minimum once a month
- Shared Governance Committees as needed
- Meet at least once a month with the Chancellor
- Meet at least quarterly with the College President
- Represent the Board of Trustees at meetings and social events outside of regular board meetings (whenever possible)
- Attend ASFC Campus Council bi-monthly
To be eligible to run for ASFC office, you must
- Be currently enrolled in at least 8 units at Foothill College, and maintain that throughout the next academic year (2023-2024)
- Have paid your student body fee and be an OwlCard holder.
- Have a quarterly and cumulative grade point average of 2.0, and must maintain that throughout the next academic year (2023-2024).
If elected to ASFC office, you must:
- Student Trustee *Serve from June 1, 2023 - May 31, 2024 (four quarters).
- ASFC Office *Serve from June 1, 2023 to June 28, 2024. (four quarters plus training).
- be available for online training throughout the rest of spring quarter 2023.
- be available starting Sept. 8-15 for planning and training before fall quarter.
Important 2023 Dates & Deadlines
If you have class or other commitments during Info Session or Candidate Meeting times, please email email@example.com to make alternate arrangements.
|DATE & TIME||EVENT DESCRIPTION|
Please check back for application on April 12.
Before filling out the application form, please carefully read all candidate requirements and important election dates listed on the application page.
For easy reference, DOWNLOAD 2023-2024 application information packet.
CANDIDATE INFORMATION SESSION (IN-PERSON & ZOOM)
Candidate information session for students who have submitted an application or are
interested in running for elected officer positions for the 2023-24 academic year. Attend either April 18 or 19.
CANDIDATE INFORMATION SESSION (IN-PERSON & ZOOM)
Candidate information session for students who have submitted an application or are interested in running for elected officer positions for the 2023-24 academic year. Attend either April 18 or 19.
ONLINE APPLICATION DUE @ 11:59 PM
You'll need to include & email the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Email email@example.com
ONLINE CAMPAIGN PERIOD BEGINS
ONLINE VOTING PERIOD BEGINS
ONLINE VOTING PERIOD ENDS