Associate Degree for Transfer
If You Plan to Earn an ADT
Always meet with a counselor to discuss your degree or transfer plans. Before you petition to graduate with an ADT, you must meet the following criteria:
- Complete at least 18 units at Foothill College.
- Complete at least 27 quarter units in an AA-T or AS-T major
- Complete at least 90 CSU-transferable quarter units.
- Earn a minimum 2.0 GPA in all CSU-transferable coursework. NOTE: Some majors may require a higher GPA for admission. For more information, visit the CSU website.
- Complete *either the California State University General Education Requirements (CSU GE); OR the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC-CSU). For details, download the General Education for Transfer Guide (PDF)
*What's preferred — CSU GE or IGETC-CSU?
- The CSU version of the IGETC is preferred because it will ensure that you complete the CSU oral communication admission requirement.
- Some high unit majors may permit completion of the reduced unit CSU GE-Breadth for STEM or IGETC for STEM patterns.
- This information is included on the appropriate ADT major guides.
Important Dates & Deadlines
If You are Eligible for the ADT
Meet with a Foothill College counselor to file your petition to graduate with an ADT by the appropriate deadline.
CSU Applicants for Fall 2017
If you plan on completing the ADT requirements by the end of Spring 2017, you must petition for the degree by March 1, 2017 to meet CSU's verification deadline and receive admission benefits with this degree.
Questions?We're Here to Help!
Student Services Building 8300, Room 8302