Heritage & Health Series Program
Celebrating Cultural Diversity
About Our Heritage Months Program
At Foothill College, we celebrate our campus diversity through a series of heritage
month festivities from October through June.
All students, faculty and staff are invited to participate. Activities range from and include:
- Art exhibits and literature events
- Guest speakers and panel discussions
- Live entertainment and theatre performances
- Film screenings and hot-topic workshops
- Weekly College Hour events on Wednesdays at Noon-1 p.m.
- Co-curricular Lecture Series events
- Porch Talks
Join a Student-led Planning Committee
Each Heritage Month is planned by a different committee, comprised of student, faculty, staff and community member volunteers.
Students chair our heritage month planning committees, which meet to organize exciting events for the equity, education, empowerment and entertainment of the campus and community in an effort to increase communication, cultural competency, campus community, and retention.
- Students who serve as committee chairs are eligible to earn leadership units and documentation that can be used on college applications and resumes.
- Faculty and staff can earn PAA/PGA credit.
The Student Activities Office assists with the leadership oversight, logistics, budgeting, planning, marketing and hosting of heritage month celebrations.
Check out this and last year's heritage celebrations by month to get an idea what's offered.
We welcome your perspective and new ideas! To learn more about joining a committee, contact Erin Ortiz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Celebrations by Month
THIS YEAR 2020–2021
Interested in leading or joining a Heritage Month planning committee? Email Erin Ortiz at email@example.com
LAST YEAR 2019-2020
We're Here to Help!
Heritage Month Planning
Campus Center, Room 2008