About the Program
Accepting Applications for Fall 2019
Congratulations, 2019 graduates!
View and download photos from the Dental Assisting graduation ceremony.
Start a Career in 9 Months!
The Foothill College Dental Assisting full-time program is an intensive 9-month sequence of instruction, with entry only in the Fall quarter.
- You'll learn extended functions of coronal polishing and pit and fissure sealants as well as earn a x-ray certificate.
Students who complete the entire program in a satisfactory manner will
- Be awarded a Career Certificate in Dental Assisting
- Qualify for the California State Registered Dental Assisting Examination.
Only 24 full-time students are admitted in the program each fall.
- All qualified students will be contacted for an orientation and notified of their acceptance.
A Demand for Dental Assistants
New technology is rapidly changing the field of dentistry.
- Digital dental x-rays can be seen on a computer monitor within seconds of the exposure.
- Titanium implants can be used to replace missing teeth, which are stronger and more stable than dentures or removable partials.
Along with the rapid changes in dentistry, there is also a great demand for qualified dental assistants to work with the dentist, dental hygienist and dental technician to deliver dental care in a caring and skilled manner.
The Foothill College Dental Assisting Program offers a balance of academic, laboratory and clinical courses to prepare our students to work in this rapidly changing field.
Thank you for looking into the dental assisting program, the program faculty have many student success stories and would be happy to share them with you or to answer any questions that you may have.
Dental Assisting Careers
Dental assistants can work for a general dentist or in any of the other dental specialties, including oral surgery, orthodontics, periodontics, endodontics, children's dentistry, and prosthodontics.
Other job opportunities for qualified Dental Assistants
- Public health educators
- Private industry consultants or sales representatives
- Dental assisting instructors
- Dental office managers
- Consultants for dental insurance companies
Degree & Program Types
Check out this list for a quick view of our dental assisting programs. For program requirements and full course listings, view degrees and certificates information.
Associate in Science Degree
Certificate of Achievement
|Program: Dental Assisting
Length: 9 months
Number Accepted: 24
Program Application Deadline: Opened until filled, contact program director for questionsApprox. Cost of Program: $3,500
National Lic./Cert.: Yes
State Lic.Cert.: Yes
Estimated Annual Salary: $40,000-$60,000
We're Here to Help!
Cara Miyasaki, RDHEF, MS , Director
Building 5200, Room 5206
Division Office Contacts