Overview for Students
Clockwork Appointment Required
The Testing & Assessment Center can only proctor exams to DRC students that meet the Clockwork appointment booking deadlines:
- Exams must be booked at least three (3) business days/weekdays in advance of the instructor approved exam date/time.
- Finals exams must be scheduled seven (7) business days/weekdays in advance of the instructor approved exam date/time.
- Failure to meet appointment booking deadlines will result in the forfeit of testing accommodations and you will be required to take their exam in class.
- Contact the DRC if you cannot find or utilize your MyPortal Clockwork Portal.
- New students must register with the DRC to schedule testing accommodations.
Appointment Booking Example
If your exam is on Monday at 2 p.m., book your appointment via Clockwork before 2 p.m. on Wednesday.
Download the Appointment Booking Calendar Guide
- Review the How to Make a Clockwork Testing Appointment Guide
- Watch the Accommodated Testing Appointment Video
How to Talk to Your Professor
We recommend you meet with your professor after class or during office hours to:
- Review the course syllabus
- Agree upon your exam dates and times
- Talk about exam rules and allowable materials for each exam
- Schedule Your Clockwork Appointments
- Download a Conversation Starter Guide
What to Expect During Your Test Appointment
You will be testing in the location where you booked your appointment:
- Testing & Assessment Center, 8212, Student Services Building
- Sunnyvale Center, Testing Services, 211, Student Resource Center
On the day of your scheduled testing appointment:
Plan to arrive 10-15 minutes early
- An owl card or government issued I.D. will be required at check-in
- All non-approved testing materials items will be secured in the Center's lockers
A testing specialist will review the student's accommodations, review the rules for the exam, and then proctor your exam.
- Should you arrive at any time other than their designated Clockwork appointment time, Testing & Assessment Center staff must contact the instructor for approval to deviate from the appointment time--this can delay your testing start time or result in the cancellation of your appointment.
Due to the large number of students served during finals week, students may test in different testing labs at their scheduled location.
- To schedule or reschedule an exam, contact the Testing & Assessment Center at 650.949.7743 or email email@example.com.
Contact the Disability Resource Center (DRC) at 650.949.7017 for assistance to:
- Speak with your DRC counselor
- Clarify your testing accommodations