How to Book an Appointment
Clockwork Appointment Required
The Testing & Assessment Center can only proctor exams to DRC students that meet the Clockwork appointment booking deadlines:
- Exams must be booked at least three (3) business days/weekdays in advance of the instructor approved exam date/time.
- Finals exams must be scheduled seven (7) business days/weekdays in advance of the instructor approved exam date/time. Due to the large number of students served during finals week, students may test in different testing labs at their scheduled location.
- Failure to meet appointment booking deadlines will result in the forfeit of testing accommodations and you will be required to take their exam in class.
- Contact the DRC if you cannot find or utilize your MyPortal Clockwork Portal.
- New students must register with the DRC to schedule testing accommodations.
Appointment Booking Example
If your exam is on Monday at 2 p.m., book your appointment via Clockwork before 2 p.m. on Wednesday.
Download the Appointment Booking Calendar Guide
- Review the How to Make a Clockwork Testing Appointment Guide
- Watch the Accommodated Testing Appointment Video
How to Talk to Your Professor
We recommend you meet with your professor after class or during office hours to:
- Review the course syllabus
- Agree upon your exam dates and times
- Talk about exam rules and allowable materials for each exam
- Schedule Your Clockwork Appointments
- Download a Conversation Starter Guide
On the Day of Your Scheduled Testing Appointment
You will be testing in the location where you booked your appointment:
- Testing & Assessment Center, 8212, Student Services Building
- Sunnyvale Center, Testing Services, 211, Student Resource Center
- Plan to arrive 10-15 minutes early
- An owl card or government issued I.D. will be required at check-in
- All non-approved testing materials items will be secured in the Center's lockers
- A testing specialist will review the student's accommodations, review the rules for the exam, and then proctor your exam.
- Should you arrive at any time other than their designated Clockwork appointment time, Testing & Assessment Center staff must contact the instructor for approval to deviate from the appointment time--this can delay your testing start time or result in the cancellation of your appointment.
- To schedule or reschedule an exam, contact the Testing & Assessment Center at 650.949.7743 or email email@example.com.
Contact the Disability Resource Center (DRC) at 650.949.7017 for assistance to:
- Speak with your DRC counselor
- Clarify your testing accommodations