Questions to Ask
Bring this list of questions with you when meeting with a university admission representative. Download a PDF version
Questions to ask ALL Universities:
1. What is your campus culture and environment?
2. What is an average student class size?
3. How helpful and accessible are instructors?
4. Do students actively work/study together and help each other?
5. What are the tutoring centers like at your university?
6. What is campus student life like? (Student government and clubs)
7. What are popular student clubs on your campus?
8. What is one thing that students (like) and (don't like as much) about your campus?
9. What are some highlights about your (your major here) major program?
10. What are popular majors at your university?
11. What happens if I want to change my major once I’m admitted?
12. How much is the annual tuition and other fees/costs?
13. What kinds of scholarships do you offer students?
14. Do you accept Fall and Spring applications?
15. What opportunities are there for on-campus employment?
16. How do you help students find internships related to their major?
17. What career services are available for students at your school?
18. How would you assess safety on campus, and where can I get more information?
19. What research projects can students be involved in at your campus?
20. Where can I meet or read about your students’ perspective about your campus?
21. What are similar majors to (your major here) at your university?
Questions to ask PRIVATE AND/OR OUT-OF-STATE Universities:
1. Does your university accept transfer students that have attended community colleges for more than two years?
2. When does your application open and close for the fall and spring terms?
3. Does your university regularly accept applications for the spring term?
4. Does your university require SAT, ACT, or other exams for transfer students?
5. Does your university require a certain minimum of units be completed before applying?
6. Does your university require letter of recommendations?
7. Does your university use the application called "COMMON APP" or does your university prefer students use a specific application?
8. Do I have to submit a College Report, Secondary Report, Mid-Term Report from the COMMON APP?
9. What is the overall GPA cumulative requirement?
10. What is the GPA requirement for the (your major here) major?
11. What courses must I complete before I apply and/or before I transfer by the end of spring term for fall transfer?
12. Are there specific transfer admission criteria I need to complete before I apply or transfer?
13. What is the contact information for your recruiter/outreach person that works with community college transfer students?