Foothill College Ambassadors
Office Closed Effective March 17, Services Continue
Shelter in Place, March 17-April 7
Foothill is fortunate to have opened a Food Pantry last fall thanks to partners Second Harvest Food Bank and the Community Services Agency. The Food Pantry provides groceries to any Foothill student enrolled in credit or non-credit classes who meets the self-reported income eligibility set by Second Harvest. But for students who don’t have a home where they can bring groceries and make meals, the Food Pantry is not a viable option. - See more at: https://foundation.fhda.edu/stories/FH_food_pantry.html#.WTH2qcm1t
The Gavilan College food pantry is a collaboration between Gavilan College CalWORKs, Fresh Success, Association Students of Gavilan College (ASGC), Second Harvest Food Bank and St. Joseph’s Family Center. The pantry is open all year long and serves the entire Gavilan College Community.
Due to the Santa Clara County Shelter in Place order, the Ambassadors Office physical office will be closed until April 7, 2020 or until further notice. However, we wil continue to provide services to students via email, phone, and video calls during regular business hours. Feel free to contact us at (650) 949-7241 or at email@example.com.
Virtual Office Hours: Monday-Thurday 1-4 pm
To empower a cadre of student leaders that cultivate on the job training, promotes & improves customer service, and ensures our students have the infomation they need to enroll, access key services, and successfully reach their educational and career goals.
- The Student Ambassador Program is a leadership opportunity for students who are dedicated to serving and representing Foothill College.
- Student Ambassadors serve as a Foothill College representative and work at various Student Services locations and community events.
- Student Ambassadors are powerful advocates for resources and information to reinforce college and career mindset to their peers.
- Provide high-quality professional customer service to current and prospective students.
- Improve engagement and support students through a comprehensive peer-to-peer model.
- To build Ambassador’s personal and professional skills in the area of service leadership development.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Ambassadors will gain professionalism and service leadership experience.
- Ambassadors will develop a comprehensive set of practical skills and tools to rely on through leadership practice. Such skills and tools include time management, meeting management, group dynamics, and team building.
Become a Foothill Ambassador!
Build your skills in leadership, customer service, public speaking, professionalism, critical thinking, service learning, teamwork, touring, communication, and much more.
Plus, earn $14 per hour, approximately *10–15 hours a week through June 30, 2020 for
the 2019-2020 academic year. *Note: The Wellness Ambassador position is 16 hours per month.
Apply to be an Ambassador
We are looking for energetic student employees who want to build their service leadership skills. If hired, you'll serve as an ambassador in one of our Student Services departments.
- Past leadership experience or interest in leadership experience at Foothill College
- Current Foothill full-time student in good academic standing (2.0 GPA or higher), and meet employment critiria https://foothill.edu/financialaid/programs/employment.html
- Two ambassadors will be selected for each Student Services department
- Selected applicants will be contacted for in-person or online interviews
Due to COVID-19 all new hires have been put on hold until April 7th or until further
notice. Please check back in for any updates.
Download Descriptions, Applications & Steps to Apply
- Read the job descriptions below.
- Download and fill in the job application for your desired position.
- Email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by the Ambassadors Program staff member.
Please note: All applications are the same form *EXCEPT for Wellness, and pay is $14
an hour not $15.
For more information, email us at email@example.com, call us at 650.949.7241.