Female student looking at books

Financial Aid

FHDA Money Card

Foothill College partners with BankMobile Disbursement to deliver your financial aid refunds and other credit balances.

Read our FAQs below. Then find more information at BankMobile Disbursement Refund Choices.


Q. How do I receive my Financial Aid refund/disbursement?

Once you submit your supplemental paperwork requested by the Financial Aid Office and register for classes, an FHDA Money Card will be initiated. Within 1-2 weeks Higher One bank, will mail a lime green envelope along with the card to the Financial Aid address listed on the college system and your MyPortal record. Once you receive an envelope from Higher One, you would need to enter your 16-digit card number, activate your card and choose Refund Preference through www.fhdamoneycard.com. At the disbursement date, funds disbursed to you will go through Admissions and Records Office, pay any outstanding balance you may have and the remaining balance will be deposited into your Higher One card/personal bank account.

Q. Can I receive my Financial Aid funds through a check instead of a Higher One deposit?

If you do not activate your FHDA Money Card within 4 weeks after you receive it, Higher One will send you your Financial Aid funds through a check to the Financial Aid address that you listed on your MyPortal record.

Q. What should I do if I lose my FHDA Money Card?

You should either contact Higher One on-line bank or contact the Financial Aid Office immediately to request a replacement card. If you previously activated the original card, there is a $20 fee to replace the card. Your replacement card will be mailed to the financial aid address that is listed on your MyPortal record.

Apply for Financial Aid

Students Services Building

We're Here to Help!

Financial Aid Office



Building 8100, Room 8101

Financial Aid Staff Directory