Apply for Financial Aid
Applying for financial aid is easy and convenient. Follow steps 1-4.
1. Complete an Application
Complete one of the following applications and include Foothill College as one of your school choices — using school code 001199.
- If you are a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen, complete the FAFSA Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- If you meet the qualifications of AB 540 (Assembly Bill 540) and are not a U.S. citizen
or eligible non-citizen, complete the California Dream Act Application. Read more about eligibility for the California Dream Act.
MARCH 2 PRIORITY DEADLINE
To be eligible to apply for an Entitlement Cal Grant, be certain to submit your FAFSA or Dream Application by the March 2 priority deadline.
2. Review Your Application Status
After our Financial Aid Office receives and reviews your application, you'll receive e-mail instructions on how to review your application status in MyPortal.
Watch a short video about how to navigate to your Financial Status in MyPortal.
Check Application Status in MyPortal
- Log in to myportal.fhda.edu with your 8-digit CWID
- Select the Financial Tab
- Follow instructions for how to review your application status
Read Instructions on How To Review Your Application Status
Look for red flag and green check mark icons.
A read flag can mean one of three things:
- We have not received the form
- We have received it, however not yet reviewed it
- It is incomplete (which you will need to contact us to know the reason)
If you see a red-flag, click each one and follow the instructions listed.
To find your specific status, select the BIG RED FLAG on the top right-hand side labeled "Requirement Messages."
GREEN CHECK MARKS
A green check mark means that the requirement has been fulfilled
If you are turning in Appeals, the icons mean that your application has either been approved or denied. You will need to select Requirement Message for the specific status.
3. Complete Any Remaining Forms
Complete and submit remaining required forms to the Foothill College Financial Aid Office. Please allow one to four weeks for Foothill to process your financial aid forms.
4. Regularly Check MyPortal
Once you have submitted all forms, check what you are awarded by selecting the dollar sign labeled "Financial Aid Awards."
- Review your application and award status regularly.
- Make sure to reapply each and every year.
- The 2018-19 FAFSA will be available starting October 1, 2017.
HOLDS AND ACADEMIC PROGRESS: For other status information, go to the right hand side of your Financial Aid tab and look under "Important Links." You'll also find your status and awards.