How to Get Started
I want to be a new student at Foothill? What do I do next?
- Start by going to Apply and Register to apply for admission to Foothill College.
- When you submit your application, you will receive a Campus Wide ID (CWID). Using your CWID you can Register for classes on MyPortal.fhda.edu
- Follow the Guidelines to search for classes and register for the classes you want.
Which classes should I take first?
- For a fast look at the Child Development courses offered this quarter. See the schedule of classes for a listing and description.
- View the power point slide presentation for guidelines about which courses to take first. Hint: Start with CHLD 56N or CHLD 8 first.
- If you are looking for the "12 ECE units" demanded in the early childhood workforce you'll need to take our fundamental courses, CHLD 56N, 8, 89, 1 and 88B (preferably in this order). Taking CHLD 56N first will help you understand the field and its requirements! See the schedule.
- When you have made a decision, log onto MyPortal with your CWID and register for the class you want.
- Also consider our Apprenticeship Program!
I have questions about registration.
- If you have questions about online admissions and registering, call the Sunnyvale Center Admissions and Registration office during office hours.
- Or contact the Main Campus Admissions and Records Office.
Still have questions?