How to Get Started
I want to be a new student at Foothill? What do I do next?
- Start by going to Apply and Register to apply for admission to Foothill College.
- When you submit your application, you will receive a Campus Wide ID (CWID). Using your CWID you can Register for classes on MyPortal.fhda.edu
- Follow the Guidelines to search for classes and register for the classes you want.
Which classes should I take first?
- For a fast look at the Child Development courses offered this quarter. See the schedule of classes for a listing and description.
- View the power point slide presentation for guidelines about which courses to take first. Hint: Start with CHLD 56N or CHLD 88 first.
- When you have made a decision, log onto MyPortal with your CWID and register for the class you want.
I have questions about registration.
- If you have questions about online admissions and registering, call the Sunnyvale Center Admissions and Registration office during office hours.
- Or contact the Main Campus Admissions and Records Office.
Still got questions?
- Plan to attend the next New Student Orientation held at the end of each quarter just before the new quarter begins. Watch for announcements on the website and on Facebook.
- Full time faculty are not available for advising during the summer.
- See the Counseling to make an appointment.
Earn an Assistant Teacher Permit in One YearFoothill College is a partner in the Teacher Pipeline Program, with locations in Redwood City and Menlo Park. Fall classes held Mondays and Wednesdays 6-7:50 p.m. and Saturdays 9 a.m.-12:50 p.m. LEARN MORE
We're Here to Help!
Child Development Department
Sunnyvale Campus, 211Q