Early Childhood Education Apprenticeship Program
Program Starts This Fall 2023
Join our exciting new apprenticeship program. Gain an education while working full-time! You'll be signed up for free courses and guaranteed a job in a quality preschool program.
Education & Coursework
Your coursework will be spread over one school year and will include the following courses, for a total of 23 quarter ECE units, this includes the "12 ECE" unit.
- CHLD 56N Principles & Practices of Teaching Young Children
- CHLD 88B Positive Behavior Management
- CHLD 8 Child, Family & Community
- CHLD 1 Child Growth & Development (Early years)
- CHLD 89 Curriculum for Early Care and Education Programs
- CHLD 86B Practicum Student Teaching
You'll be provided a Preschool Assistant position within a quality preschool program, including
- Full-time work
- Competitive wages with raises
- A mentor teacher to guide
Apprentices must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrate proficiency in English, as assessed by Foothill College upon applying
- Be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Go through Livescan fingerprinting and pass criminal background checks
- Pass health screening, TB test, and some required immunizations as required by Title 22 regulations
- Have some volunteer experience in a preschool (we can help with this)
- Have no more than one of the listed Child Development classes completed
Become an ECE Apprentice — Apply Today!
The Fall 2023 cohort has closed. You may still apply for future cohorts.
For more details and to be added to our mailing list, please contact Nicole at Kerbeynicole@foothill.edu
If you're an early childhood education interested in learning more about partnering with us, please contact Nicole as well.
Need Help with Your Language Skills?
Take a NCEL 401 Class. It's free and can help you build your skills, and confidence.