SOAR Enrollment Workshops
What is SOAR?
Student Orientation Assessment & Registration
SOAR is a workshop to help you meet requirements to get priority registration for classes.
At SOAR, you will
- Create an educational plan
- Meet with FA staff and ask questions
- Take a placement test if needed.
All are important steps toward priority registration!
Do you need to attend?
Yes, you should attend SOAR if you
- Have already applied for admission to Foothill College (and haven't met with a counselor).
- Are a high school senior starting at Foothill College in Fall 2018
- Have already left high school and are ready to start taking classes for the first time
You do not need to attend SOAR if you
- Have already met with a counselor to develop an Educational Plan
- Are in high school and are NOT graduating in 2017-2018
- Are taking classes for fun or to improve your skills
Prepare for Your SOAR Workshop
- Register for your workshop date
- Apply for admission
- Submit your unofficial trancripts to FHtesting@fhda.edu
- Bring your photo ID
- Complete Orienation online by logging into your Myportal accont and clicking on "Go2Orientation."