SOAR Enrollment Workshops
What is SOAR?
Student Orientation Assessment & Registration
SOAR is a workshop to help you meet requirements to get priority registration for classes.
At SOAR, you will
- Complete an orientation
- Complete your assessment tests for English and math
- Create an educational plan
All are important steps toward priority registration!
Do you need to attend?
Yes, you should attend SOAR if you
- Have already applied for admission to Foothill College (and haven't completed a placement test and met with a counselor).
- Are a high school senior starting at Foothill College in Fall 2018
- Have already left high school and are ready to start taking classes for the first time
You do not need to attend SOAR if you
- Have already taken a placement test in both Math and English
- Have already met with a counselor to develop an Educational Plan
- Are in high school and are NOT graduating in 2017-2018
- Are taking classes for fun or to improve your skills
- Have already completed college credits at Foothill or any other college
Prepare for Your SOAR Workshop
- Register for your workshop date
- Apply for admission
- Practice for your assessment tests
- Bring your photo ID
Join us for our open house, Day on the Hill!
- If you plan to attend Foothill College this summer or fall, join us for Day on the Hill, a free open house on Saturday, April 21st 2018 that showcases the programs and services available to you.