We understand there are two types of transfer students: those transferring to Foothill from another college or university, and students planning to transfer to a 4-year university. Sometimes you may be both!
If you've already completed some credit coursework at another university, and even if you are looking to only attend Foothill for a summer course, follow these steps.
- Apply for Admission
- Meet Assessment Requirements
- If you plan to earn a degree or certificate from Foothill, you'll want to complete steps for Priority Enrollment to make sure you always get your earliest date for registration each quarter.
- See a Counselor
- After you apply for admission and receive your Foothill College student ID, you can make an appointment to see a counselor.
- If you are new to college and transferring to a 4-year university is your goal, we encourage you to sign up for a SOAR workshop to attend an orientation to college.
- If you are only taking one class but have questions, our counselors offer several ways to meet with them to determine you educational goals.
- Register for classes
- Pay for classes
Admissions and Records
Student Services Building 8100, Room 8101
Can't find an answer on our website?
TEXT your admissions or registration question/concern to Foothill's ASK ME! service.
Text questions will be answered during regular business hours.
A & R Office Hours
MAIN CAMPUSMon. & Tues. 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
Wed. & Thurs. 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Fri. 8 a.m.–3 p.m.
SUNNYVALE CENTERMon.–Thurs. 10 a.m.–7:30 p.m.
Fri. 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
HOLIDAYS & EXCEPTIONSMonday, May 27: Memorial Day Holiday
Academic Dates & Deadlines