Student Health Services
Feb. 5, 2020
We are closely monitoring the news around the novel coronavirus outbreak. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Santa Clara Public Health Department have advised that we do not currently have evidence that the coronavirus is spreading locally. However, they do recommend common-sense precautions to prevent the spread of viruses like colds and flu.
- Please stay home if you are sick
- Wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizers regularly
- If you have a fever, go home immediately and do not return to campus until the fever has subsided for 24 hours
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve or a disposable tissue
- Avoid touching your face (especially eyes, mouth, and nose) with your hands
- Regularly clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces in your home and at your place of employment
- See your healthcare provider if you have concerns
If you have travelled from China in the last 14 days, please monitor your health. Following recent federal guidelines, you should also call the Santa Clara County Public Health Department (408.885.3980) during regular business hours.
The CDC has emphasized that the risk of transmission to the general population is low. Please continue to monitor your health and contact your healthcare provider if you are feeling ill. We will continue to update you as we receive additional information.
Please Contact Us!
Campus Center, Building 2100 Lower Level Room, 2126