Featured Open Summer Courses
Foothill College Summer Session Starts June 28
While most Summer 2021 classes will be delivered virtually — using Zoom, Canvas, and other online tools, we're offering a few in person! Check out the list below.
Note: some classes will be taught at the regular times listed in the schedule (synchronously). Classes designated as 'Online' will typically allow for much more flexibility, and some classes will combine both approaches.
Contact your instructor if you have any questions about the method of delivery for your summer classes. You can find faculty contact information through our searchable online directory.
To learn how we are supporting our students online, visit our Virtual Campus website.
Core & GE Courses
Foothill has a variety of summer classes still open to fit your needs and interests.
Most start the week of June 28.
- CHECK OUT SOME OPTIONS BELOW
- SEARCH ALL OPEN COURSES BY DEPARTMENT
In-Person Summer Spanish Intensive
Take SPAN 1, 2 & 3 in Two-Week Sessions
We are excited to welcome our Spanish Intensive students back to campus for some in-person instruction! These classes will meet some hours face-to-face on campus and some hours synchronously in Zoom.
Explore online or in person. In-person field programs are open this summer!
- ANTH 1 Introduction To Physical Anthropology
- ANTH 1L Physical Anthropology Laboratory
- ANTH 2A Cultural Anthropology
- ANTH 5 Magic, Science Religion
- ANTH 8 Introduction To Archaeology
- ANTH 12 Applied Anthropology
- ANTH 51 Archaeology Survey
- ANTH 52 Archaeological Field Methods
Are you yearning to visit art museums near and far? Take an art history class while you wait for safe to travels to return!
DID YOU KNOW? Foothill College recently ranked #6 for Best Online Art Schools & Degree Programs. Check out the rankings and compare the pricing! You can earn an AA in Art and an AA for Transfer in Studio Arts — both fully online!
- CHLD 2 :: Child Growth Development Ii: Middle Childhood Through Adolescence CRN 10063
This introductory course satisfies both Area IV for GE requirments and is a core class for Child Development majors.
Focus on your advocacy communication skills this summer!
English for Second Language Learners
We still have seats available in the following course sections!
- ENGL1A: Composition & Reading — CRN 10050
- ENGL 5: LGBTQ Literature — CRN 10654
- ENGL 14 Traveling The World Through Contemporary Literature — CRN 10655
- ENGL 34C Literature Into Film — CRN 10369
DID YOU KNOW? You can earn an Associate in Arts Degree for Transfer (AA-T) in Global Studies! Study the world through an interdisciplinary approach! Learn more about our Global Studies major at Foothill.
Graphic & Interactive Design
Several Humanities course are offered in the shortened six-week format this summer. Check out what's still open!
Seats still available in JAPN 3 (III)
- KINS 2 Sport in Society — Meets GE requirement for Area: Social & Behavioral Sciences
- KINS 4 Concepts of Physical Fitness Wellness — Meets GE requirement for Area: Lifelong Understanding
Did you know? We offer an Associate in Science in Film, Television, and Electronic Media for Transfer. View a sampling of courses offered this summer, including:
Music and Music Technology
Take a music or music technology class to learn a new skill, enhance your life, or just for enjoyment. A shorter six-week summer session is a great time to learn your music fundamentals, too. Consider taking MUS 10!
Ready to get back into the theatre? We have several hybrid (online and in-person) classes offered this for summer.
- THTR 22: Auditioning for Theatre
- THTR 45A/B/C/D Technical Theatre Production I, II, III & IV
- THTR 45E/F Technical Theatre Management in Production I & II
- THTR 47A/B/C/D Introductory, Intermediate and Advanced Musical Theatre Production —
with a summer production of You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown
Physical Education (PHED)
Take a PE Activity Class for Health & Wellness
We offer everything from yoga and pilates, weight training and other ways to be in condition for fall activities and much more. Our experienced instructors will help you get in shape and stay healthy.
Work on your core physical and mental balance this summer!
These three classes are offered online in real time on MTWTh at 5:30-6:45.
Earn Credit While Hikiing This Summer! Both offered online. Complete weekly assignments on your own schedule.
Earn a Degree for Transfer in Global Studies
Learn more about the Global Studies Program at Foothill College.
Academic Dates & Deadlines
We're Here to Help!
Admissions and Records Office
Student Services Building 8100, Room 8101