Marketing and Public Relations
How We Work
Please review our general workflow process and lead times before submitting a marketing Work Order request. Incoming projects are added to a production schedule based on staff availability, department priorities, and other college initiatives. Please allow sufficient lead time with a minimum of two-weeks turnaround.
Before beginning a project, here are some questions to consider:
- What are the goals for your project? The best marketing efforts should reach some sort of measurable results to ensure effectiveness.
- Who is your audience? The more targeted, the more likely a marketing project will yield a positive outcome.
- What type of help will you need and what is the scope? Projects range from developing content to photography to design and printing or launching online. The more services needed, the longer it will take to complete the project.
- What is your budget? While there is no cost for our marketing services, if we utilize a third-party vendor (printing, email blasts, video editing) expenses will be incurred by the client. Make sure your department or program has approved the expense prior to submitted a request.
- What is your timeline? The more involved a project, the longer the turnaround and resources need to complete it. Planning ahead is key.
The lead times below are a general guidelines. If more than one service is requested (brochure design with content creation and photography), add up the lead times to get a better picture of the total turnaround time.
|Advertising, print or digital||14-21 business days|
|Design, Banners||8-10 business days|
|Design, Brochures||10-14 business days|
|Design, Flyers||8-10 business days|
|Design, Postcards||10-14 business days|
Particpants and locations must be coordinated by the client
|10-14 business days|
|Printing, Smart Shop||3-4 days|
|Printing, third-party vendor||14-21 business days|
|Promotional Materials||8-10 business days|
|Website Design, new page development||14-21 business days|
Website Design, edits to existing pages
Email edits to firstname.lastname@example.org
|5-7 business days|
Writing, content creation
|14-18 business days|
|Writing, edits to existing content||5-7 business days|
|Writing, new releases||5-7 business days|
We may require a consultation (in-person or over the phone) prior to adding a project to our production schedule. One of our team members will contact you as needed.
While we make every effort to provide-error free work, you will be responsible to review the final proof for content accuracy, spelling, and typos. Please review final proofs carefully.
After we complete the initial consultation and receive the necessary assets (special content, images), we will add the project to our production schedule. Typical turnaround varies from 2-4 weeks depending on the complexity of the project, staff availability, and department priorities. For printed projects, our vendors typically require an additional 2-3 weeks to produce and ship print jobs.
Payment for Printing
Projects sent to third party vendors will require upfront payment via procard or direct payment via invoice. Marketing will coordinate all jobs and obtain estimates, but payment is handled by client and is subject to a 30-day due date. Late payments will incur late fees.
Rush projects (needed under 2 weeks) are at the sole discretion of the Director of Marketing. Please contact Vanessa Smith to discuss your project.