Omni CMS Training Guide
Thursday, Dec. 16 Welcome to Omni CMS V11 - Please Log In!
The new Omni CMS V11 website editor is ready for you to log into for editing our pages.
Note: You will be automatically logged into V11.
- You will see the new Omni CMS branding, and an improved interface design for navigating the editing tools.
Steps for making edits remain the same in the new version.
If you have any issues logging into the new Omni CMS V11, please try clearing your browser cache and rebooting your computer.
If that does not resolve the issue or you need help, please submit a Marketing Work Order.
PLEASE JOIN US FOR AN OMNI CMS DEMO
If you would like a walkthrough of the changes to the interface, please attend one of our virtual demonstrations.
See dates below. The please look for the most current Zoom links in the most recent email notification.
OU Campus V11 Demonstration Dates/Times
All demonstrations will be held via Zoom for current OU Campus content editors.
Currently, there are no group demos scheduled.
You may watch a 11-minute Zoom recording about new features in our Foothill College OmniCMS V11.
If you would like to schedule a meeting for a refresher or help with updating your website, please email Julie Ceballos at email@example.com
Overview of the OU Campus V11 Changes
Schedule an Omni CMS Training
If you've been assigned as your department's Content Editor role and are ready to be trained, email Julie Ceballos at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a training.
Constant Gardening, Constant Editing
A website requires constant attention, much like a thriving garden, with thoughtful planting, pruning, weeding, removal and updating of content.
This is how we charm and satisfy those who visit our website to learn about Foothill College. We want prospective students and their parents to land on a welcoming page, one that points to the information they want and need to come back again and again, to engage as students and alumni.
This training guide provides the tools and methods we use to achieve this goal.
What is Omni CMS?
OU Campus is a web content management system (WCMS) — licensed by the Foothill-De Anza Community College District from OmniUpdate to help Marketing and all our departments and programs manage web pages on foothill.edu.
- Each Foothill division dean has been asked to assign Content Editors to learn OU Campus to help maintain department and program websites.
- Content editors are trained and supported by the Foothill Marketing Department Web Team.
Our Partnership with OmniUpdate — Online Training Support
- As our WCMS vendor, OmniUpdate provides training support on it's website that we can all learn from and use, too.
- Throughout this Foothill OmniUpdate Training Guide, you'll find links to OmniUpdate's Learn OU Campus website.
- Visit our Foothill College Learn OU Campus Support page for a list of the most relevant OmniUpate training pages, starting from beginner to more advanced users.
OmniUpdate Support Resources
The basic training video is general to the OU Campus interface and will be useful as an overview.
Please see training pages on the left menu for steps specific to the Foothill College OU Campus environment, specifically how to log In, image dimensions and more.
Please email us!
Marketing Office, Building 1900, ADM 1955