Curriculum Process Resources
- Distance Learning Addendum - until we have incorporated this new version of the DL Addendum into CourseLeaf, please use this fillable form in Office 365
- Course Outline of Record Process in CourseLeaf
- New Course Creation Steps
Please note that all supplemental forms related to the course creation process (e.g., Content Review, Stand Alone) are now incorporated into the course outline of record in CourseLeaf. For resources specific to using CourseLeaf, visit our CourseLeaf Resources webpage (see link in sidebar).
- COR: A Curriculum Reference Guide (ASCCC)
- Course Numbering System
- Foothill Noncredit Courses
- GE Handbook
- Guidelines for Placing Courses in Disciplines
- Independent Study Contract
- Load Factor Calculation Table
- Minimum Qualifications Handbook (Disciplines List) (State Chancellor's Office )
- Noncredit Course Approval and Certification Guidance Table (State Chancellor's Office)
- Program and Course Approval Handbook (State Chancellor's Office [7th edition, 2019])
- TOP Code Manual (State Chancellor's Office [6th edition, revised in 2013])
Please note that this is a temporary process, to be used only until the new permanent program creation process has been finalized.
New Program Templates
The Office of Instruction has created the following templates for department use when drafting the state-required Narrative document for a new program. Please use the appropriate template for your program type and complete all of the items and questions listed.
- Certificate of Achievement (workforce): for credit certificates assigned to a vocational TOP Code (identified with an asterisk in the TOP Code Manual)
- Certificate of Achievement (local): for all other credit certificates
- Noncredit Certificate: for all noncredit certificates; please consult the AVP of Instruction to determine whether your program should be a Certificate of Competecy or a Certificate of Completion (same template for both)
- AA/AS Degree (workforce): for all associate degrees assigned to a vocational TOP Code (identified with an asterisk in the TOP Code Manual) - excludes ADTs
- AA/AS Degree (local): for all other associate degrees - excludes ADTs
- Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT): please contact the Articulation Officer to begin working on an ADT
The College Curriculum Committee meets 2–3:30 p.m. every other Tuesday in the President's Conference Room (ADM 1901).
Please note that, until further notice, CCC meetings will be held virtually via ConferZoom.
Eric Kuehnl, CCC Co-Chair, will distribute the meeting information and link to committee
members; if you would like to attend via Zoom, please email Eric: firstname.lastname@example.org
|View committee members.|
Please contact me!
Curriculum Coordinator Mary Vanatta