Every year, Silicon Valley Shakespeare produces a 48-hour play festival, partnering
with a local college or university.
In one weekend (48 hours!), a wide array of local artists start with nothing, write, rehearse, and do a full public performance of eight new short plays!
How it works
- 6:30pm Friday: Eight teams – each with a local writer, director, and actors – meet
over Zoom and find out their play’s criteria.
- Criteria: the Shakespeare play inspiring theirs, a required line of dialogue, required
prop, and other surprises.
- 12pm Saturday: The writer submits a completed script, having spent all night writing
- Saturday afternoon through Sunday afternoon: Everyone rehearses virtually. A lot.
- 6:30pm Sunday: Eight completely new short plays premiere, in a full virtual production
for the public.
At the end of the performance, the audience votes for their favorites. Votes are counted
during a brief audience talkback with the writers and directors.