Foothill College Promise
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How do I apply?
Q. What are the requirements?
- Must have earned a high school diploma or the equivalent (i.e., GED or CHSPEE) in 2018 and
- Never attended college after having earned a high school diploma or the equivalent (summer 2018 enrollments are not disqualifying) and
- Enroll in and maintain a minimum of 12 units during your first and subsequent quarters of the 2018-19 academic year
- Complete a FAFSA or Dream Act Application
- Qualify for in-state tuition rates, including via the AB 540 Nonresident Tuition Fee exemption
Q. I participated in Foothill College Early College Promise while in high school. Am I eligible for Foothill College Promise?
Yes! Students who previously participated in Foothill College Early College Promise will receive the same benefits of the Early College Promise if enrolled full-time at Foothill College and otherwise meet all other applicable program requirements.
Q. I took college classes in high school. Am I eligible for Foothill College Promise?
Yes! Foothill College Promise is open to all first-time, full-time students. Taking college courses in high school or during the Foothill College summer session does not disqualify you.
Q. What does the program cost?
Foothill College Promise program is FREE for all first-time, full-time students taking
at least 12 units at Foothill College. Tuition and fees are covered, and eligible students that qualify for the California Promise Grant (formerly known as the BOG fee waiver) will receive up to $1,000 for course materials (such as textbooks and required course supplies) at the college bookstore.
Q. I'm planning to attend part-time. Am I eligible for Foothill College Promise?
Foothill College Promise is not open to part-time students. To participate, students must enroll in at least 12 units at Foothill College each applicable quarter of the 2018-19 academic year.
Q. What if I drop below 12 units?
Students who remain enrolled in at least 12 quarterly units through the first two full weeks of the term will still receive the benefits of Foothill College Promise. Please check the appropriate date with the Admission and Records Office for each primary term (fall, winter, spring).
Q. What if I don't pass my all of my classes?
Q. Can I participate in Foothill College Promise if I start in winter or spring quarter?
We're Here to Help!
Admissions & Records