UCLA Transfer Alliance Program
Increase Your Chances
Want to increase your chances of being accepted to UCLA's College of Letters and Sciences?
Join the Honors Institute and become an Honors Scholar* and you can!
Guaranteed Priority Consideration for Admission
Through the UCLA Transfer Alliance Program (TAP), Foothill College Honors Scholars are given guaranteed priority consideration for admission to the UCLA College of Letters and Sciences. Traditionally, Foothill students experience a 70-98% acceptance rate through this program (versus 14-20%) for all other transfer applicants.
International students are also eligible to apply for this program, however are reviewed separately. International students can participate in TAP and be certified, but are not considered in the same way as domestic students.
In order to be eligible for this program, Honors students must complete the criteria to be an Honors Scholar including:
- complete a minimum of 12 honors units by the end of the fall term prior to their transfer.
- successfully complete a minimum of 23 quarter units of honors courses with a minimum GPA of 3.25*
- Earn a C or better in all honors courses
- Service Leadership
*Please note these are minimums. With high demsnd majors, a higher GPA is recommended.
Application Timeline for Fall 2021 Admission
- Students interested in participating in this program must submit an application to UCLA by using the systemwide application to the University of California. For Fall 2021, the application deadline will be November 30, 2020.
- Once the applications are processed by UCLA, students will receive an email message from the Honors Institute in early January 2021 outlining the next steps including the submission of the TAP Certification Form
- Honors Students wishing to pursue TAP will need to RSVP for a workshop in January or February 2021.
- The tentative TAP certification deadline is 11:59 PM on Friday, February 19, 2021.
- If an admissions offer is made by UCLA, you will need to submit the Honors Scholar application and service leadership reporting form by Monday, May 31, 2021.
For more information, contact the Honors Institute at email@example.com
Application Timeline for Fall 2022 Admission
- Students interested in participating in this program must submit an admission application to UCLA by using the systemwide application to the University of California. For Fall 2022, the application window opens November 1 and closes on November 30, 2021.
- UCLA TAP applications will be due shortly in January 2022. Additional details will be released in October 2021.
**Please note that to use the fillable form you must:
First download it to your computer, complete the requested information, and then SAVE it.