UCLA Transfer Alliance Program
Increase Your Chances
Want to increase your chances of being accepted to UCLA's College of Letters and Sciences?
Join the Honors Institute and become an Honors Scholar* and you can!
Guaranteed Priority Consideration for Admission
Through the UCLA Transfer Alliance Program (TAP), Foothill College Honors Scholars are given guaranteed priority consideration for admission to the UCLA College of Letters and Sciences. Traditionally, Foothill students experience a 70-98% acceptance rate through this program (versus 14-20%) for all other transfer applicants.
International students are also eligible to apply for this program, however are reviewed separately. International students can participate in TAP and be certified, but are not considered in the same way as domestic students.
In order to be eligible for this program, Honors students must complete the criteria to be an Honors Scholar including:
- complete a minimum of 12 honors units by the end of the fall term prior to their transfer.
- successfully complete a minimum of 23 quarter units of honors courses with a minimum GPA of 3.25*
- Earn a C or better in all honors courses
- Service Leadership
*Please note these are minimums and with the high impacted majors a higher GPA is recommended
- Students interested in participating in this program must submit an application to UCLA by using the systemwide application to the University of California. For Fall 2020, the application deadline is November 30, 2019.
- Once the applications are processed by UCLA, students will receive an email message from the Honors Institute in early January 2020 outlining the next steps including the submission of the TAP Certification Form **. The TAP certification deadline is 2:00 PM on Friday, February 21, 2020. Forms need to be submitted to the Honors Institute office in ADM 1960.
- The Honors Institute regularly hosts information sessions about this program.
For more information, contact the Honors Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please note that to use the fillable form you must:
First download it to your computer, complete the requested information, and then SAVE it.