Honors Scholar Program
The Honors Scholar Program is designed to prepare students who intend to transfer and earn their baccalaureate degree. Upon completion of the program, students earn the recognition of " Honors Scholars" and is noted on their official college transcript.
- Complete 23 Honors Units
- Must complete a minimum 23 units of Foothill College honors courses (at least 12 honors units need to be completed by the end of fall quarter prior to transferring)
- Courses must come from at least two different departments
- Earn a letter grade of C or better in all honors courses
- Maintain a minimum 3.25 GPA in honors courses
- Service Leadership - Participate in activities that benefits others and the community
- Service leadership is any action or service you take that has an impact on others in your community
- Can be personal, volunteer, or paid- but it must have a clear and direct impact on others
- Service or work you do that has an impact on you, your perceptions, and/or personal growth as well
- Service Leadership Rubric
- Check-in with an Academic Counselor on a quarterly basis. After meeting with your counselor, please submit the Counseling Report Form online.
In addition to receiving transcript notation, students who fulfill the Honors Scholar criteria are eligible to participate in university transfer agreements exclusive to the Honors Program. Students who become Honors Scholars may receive priority consideration to the following institutions:
- UCLA College of Letters and Science (TAP)
- UC Irvine (Honors to Honors)
- Chapman University (HTCC Transfer Agreement)
- Loyola Marymount University (HTCC Transfer Agreement)
- Many more at Honors Transfer Council of California
Petition for Honors Scholar
For students who are completing the Honors Scholar program for Fall 2022 admission, all criteria must be completed by the end of Spring 2022 quarter. The petition window to request the Honors Scholar designation and report your service learning is from April 4, 2022 to Tuesday, May 31, 2022 at 11:59 PM (Pacific). You may submit your request on the Honors Scholar Request page.