ASFC Boards of Government
Role of the Foothill Student Trustee
In addition to the five elected trustees of the Board of Trustees for the Foothill-De Anza Community College District, there will be one student trustee from each college.
- Following procedures prescribed by the Board, the student trustees will be chosen by the students enrolled in the colleges.
- The term of the student trustees will be one year commencing on June 1.
- The student trustees will be seated with the elected trustees at all public meetings of the Board and will be recognized at those meetings as full members of the Board for the purpose of questioning witnesses, discussing issues and making and seconding motions.
- The student trustees will be entitled to an advisory vote. If a student trustee wishes to cast an advisory vote, it shall be taken prior to the Board’s vote.
- Furthermore, the student trustees will receive all material presented to the publicly elected trustees, except material that relates to matters considered in closed session.
Policies and Procedures
The ASFC Campus Council meetings resume in Fall 2022 weekly on Thursday from 2-4 PM. More information foothill.edu/asfc.
Questions? Contact Me!
Chamu Palaniappan, Foothill Student Trustee
Campus Center, Upper Level, Room 2013